Sunday, October 28, 2007

A busy weekend

Troy and I have decided to try new things and to find different ways to have cool experiences. Basically we don't want to be boring:) So this weekend was full of different things. Some of you might remember that I was planning on running a half-marathon in the end of October. Well Saturday morning was supposed to be the big day and we ended up doing a 5K Juvenile Diabetes Walk instead. I trained for few weeks in August;however, my clinicals and working few shifts a week was too exhausting and I didn't have any juice left for training. So instead of a 13.2 mile run, we walked 5K. We met up with some of my nursing school friends and enjoyed a free breakfast,walked and talked and enjoyed a free lunch. So nothing too rigorous, but a great way to spend our Saturday morning.


Troy's company had an open house on Saturday, which meant that I got to see where he works. It was fun to see his cubicle and the different demonstrations and displays of all the missiles that Raytheon makes. Finland actually uses one of their missiles; it's always fun to make connections with Finland since it's such a small country. Troy got to experience what it is like to shoot a missile from your shoulder. It was sort of like a video game, which the army uses to train the soldiers on this missile. Troy was pretty excited about to shoot "the javelin".


We also took a picture in front of an army hummer.


Later on that night, we stopped by a wedding reception and then attended a women's semi-professional full-contact football game. Some of the ladies were big and pretty scary. It was fun to watch the game an spend time with Phil and Christina.


Life is getting busy again as I start my clinicals this week and Troy is studying for the GRE. He is starting grad school in January, which will make life interesting as we are both full-time students again and he will be working full-time as well.

We are so blessed with good friends and fun experiences!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Eevi! I just came across your blog. It was great to see what you and Troy are up to. We miss you guys. And we would love to go camping with you guys if you don't 5 boys running around.:)

Starla said...

You should have taken pictures of the women's full contact football. I would love to see that.