Since our trip happened to go over the weekend, we decided to visit the Banff ward for the Sunday meetings. We literally received two blessings right away from going to church that day. There happened to be a special broadcast from Calgary with Jeffrey R. Holland as the speaker. The huge blessing was our surprise meeting with Cheryl and Lonnie. We didn't have any idea that they were visiting Banff as well. I don't think Cheryl and Lonnie even recognized Troy and I at first since I had my glasses on and brown hair now. We ended up spending the afternoon with them and loved every minute of it.
I lived with Cheryl and Lonnie for two semester during high school after my family moved back to Finland and I wanted to finish high school in California. They are one of the most generous and loving people in the world. Just the fact that they would take two teenage girls under their care after their own kids were gone shows their kindness and patience:) I hope Anna and I didn't cause them too much stress! Being part of the Smith family for the last seven years has been such a blessing. We really don't see them often enough but enjoy any and every occasion to be with them.
2 comments:
That is awesome!!! What are the chances?
What a small world! That's so cool that you ran into them there.
p.s. I love your shirt! (I have the same one in purple..lol...i love b r)
Post a Comment