Saturday, October 4, 2008

What a Wonderful Day (Minus 3.5 hours)

Today has been so enjoyable with conference. I feel like there has been so many things that apply to my life and I am very grateful to have the opportunity to listen to our church leadership. This week has been exhausting in many levels so I felt rejuvenated by the reminder about what really matters in life. I also loved the fact that we have more and more international general authorities. Though I did have to pay more attention to the French (at least he sounded French) speaker. Did anyone have any favorite talks so far?? I just love Jeffrey R. Holland's talks; he has a way of touching my heart every time he talks.

The excitement of general conference kind of died as I got home and started to take my literature class exam online. It is my last GE requirement so I have to take it. I have not had time to read 200+ pages of Whitman or Emerson etc as they are not light reading nor are they a genre that I enjoy. This made my test very difficult as it was 16 essay questions...let's just say that I hope she is not a hard grader. I spent more than three hours on that test...what a waste of my precious time. I should have been studying for the psychiatric nursing test that is on Monday. 

My healthy life style is going well so far--1.5 pounds down and few more to go:)

3 comments:

Kenn N said...

for sure, Elder Holland's talk is my favorite to this point. It usually is though. His talks are simply profound.

Kat Clark said...

Way to go on your diet! If I weren't preggers I would totally be on board with you. Heck! I should still be doing it anyway but for some reason I feel the strong need to eat every two hours! I wonder why that is?! ;) Anyway, as for conference, I loved the talk where the quote was "I don't know everything, but I know enough." It made me feel a little better.

Molly said...

whitman and emerson are not my cup of tea. There are only like, four people in the world who enjoy them. This from an English major.