In order to get ready for the second love of my life, Troy and I headed to the mall to do some shopping! We decided to check out what Gymboree had. I love their clothes, but usually they would be out of my price range. While in the store, I ended up making a mom very mad. I made a comment to Troy how the store has mostly girls' clothes and the "baby boy's stuff is pushed to the corner". I was too busy looking for clothes for my little man that I didn't notice that there was a baby literally in the corner. According to Troy, after I made the comment the mom of the baby in the corner gave me a NASTY look and said "actually it's a girl". She thought that I had referred to her baby as a boy. The best part is that I was completely oblivious that she was talking to me and therefore ignore her comment. So I don't think I will be doing a play date with her in the future. I almost went up to her and said that I was not talking about her baby, but I decided to let it go. Though there are more girls' clothes in every store, I have to say that I love the boy clothes. Don't get me wrong, I hope that in few years I will be buying some pink ribbons and silky dresses, but right now I just love the little boy sweaters and pants. Since I am a first time mom-to-be and the first big shopping trip is obviously life changing, I thought I would share what I was able to get for 25 dollars!! That is a steal from Gymboree or really any store since baby clothes are kind of overpriced.
What are some other good places to shop for babies? I like a more preppy, classic look rather than all the onesies that say "mommy loves me". Dont get me wrong, I am not a high maintenance in any way and I think babies are cutest butt-naked:) However, since I'll be raising this kid in U.S instead of in Europe, I better keep him clothed.
8 comments:
I saw the title of this post and thought maybe the sonogram was wrong. No suck luck. (Just kidding).
I like Target clothes. You can get good deals every once in a while. I think pretty much everything my kids wear is from there. So if you like their style, Target is a good place to go. :)
Funny story, by the way.
If you have a Once Upon a Child store you should totally go check it out. Also, I love The Children's Place and they have lots of great sales. My fav is Baby Gap, but due to the cost, I rarely shop there. so sad.
Crazy 8 (Gymboree's less expensive store) - has lots of great boy clothes and Old Navy does too. Children's place is also great. Good job on finding some deals.
Ah such cute little clothes! I have bought one outfit for Cooper so far! I'm having a hard time! Every time I go I get roped into the girl section for Addie! My mom has bought more than I have! Sad! Gymboree is darling though! Love it!
I had some great luck with boys clothes at Mervyns....oh... wait. They did have cute clothes and good deals...
Cute boys clothes are MUCH harder to come by and yes there are less. Church clothes are especially hard to find. Target is always a winner in my book though. Congratulations on a BOY! Boys are so much fun.
Well, I haven't done much shopping for boys, BUT...I think Old Navy has cute boy clothes and they keep the "cutsie" sayings to a minimum on their shirts. I also heard that Children's Place is really good for boys - just simple polo's and pants.
I also think that TJMaxx and Ross are seriously awesome when it comes to baby things. They have toys, towels, shoes, clothes, books, baby slings, baby bedding, bibs, socks...EVERYTHING! And they are definitely at a fraction of the cost for top name brands like Hurley, Polo, etc. Check 'em out. It's one of the best kept secrets! :-)
I love your comment about the pumpkin sweater! So cute. I can't wait to see this kid!! And love the story. I think it's funny how offended some people get! Cute clothes by the way. Gymboree has some great sales - so get on their mailing list!
A boy! How exciting (I am obviously a week late). I have always found really cute things for my nieces and nephews at Old Navy and Target.
I thought you were saying you had a girl in your belly! How funny. Baby clothes are just the cutest. I really agree about preppy boy clothes, though. I hate the things covered in cartoon characters and soccer balls.
Post a Comment