Monday, March 9, 2009

Our bigfoot

Our little guy has decided to start practicing his soccer moves and moves around all the time. I absolutely love it. It's amazing how each one of his little flips and kicks can make me smile even if he just had moved few minutes ago. HOWEVER, he has a bad habit of kicking my ribs and really pushing up there and it hurts. We were at Joann's on Friday and I could barely breath because he was pushing up on my ribs and lungs.  He also decided to do the same thing last night as we were driving home from Phoenix. My bladder was ready to explode and I was doing "labor breathing" because of the rib pain and I said to Troy "this is the first time, i really feel very much pregnant". But when you look at the picture of his little foot doesn't your heart just melt. 

Since the drive last night was quite unpleasant, I apologized to Troy for being a complainer and he said "oh you barely ever complain. You have really handled this pregnancy like a man". Oh the irony of that sentence. He had meant it as a compliment, which I appreciated but I told him that men could never handle pregnancy well. Don't you ladies agree?

Many of you must be wondering about the name for this son of mine. I have bad news for you. You will not know until July. Yes, his scheduled arrival is June 23rd but the Finnish tradition is that people other than the parents wont know the name of the baby until the baby blessing. We have a nickname for him, which is a name of a children's story character in Finland. We have had few people here try to pronounce it and without much luck. We affectionally call him "Rölli".  Dont worry though, his actual name will be a name that both the Finnish folk and American people can pronounce without a problem.

I meant to take another belly picture last night; however, we didn't get home from Phoenix until 11 pm and I just about crashed right after eating some chocolate pudding. I am still loving my pregnant body when I look at myself in the mirror; however, the numbers on the scale are scaring me and I am trying to be logical and rational about this weight gain with varying results. I should probably just stop weighting myself...what a novel idea:)

12 comments:

Megan Turnidge said...

What a cute little foot!! :)

I think that Finnish tradition is SO COOL! How fun!

Bridget said...

Handled pregnancy like a man...that's one of the funnier things I've heard lately. I would like to see that.

SMT Family said...

The Finnish tradition is very sweet. How special to have a little secret!
We got a good laugh out of Troy's comment, very cute.

Christi Pobst said...

I told matt that he would not be able to be pregnant.

I love the foot!

EmmySue said...

To help with the kicking we found that they don't like cold. I would place a cold/ice pack on my stomach where they were kicking and they would move. Love the post! Cute little foot!

Camille said...

A man's compliments are sometimes a little off...I guess you have to take what you can get. I can't believe your boy is so active! Our girl hardly moves at all. I guess we'll see what their real personalities are like soon. :)

Dani said...

It is a cute little foot! I had to laugh about what Troy said! Men could NEVER handle it! Why do you think we women get/have do it! So funny! And it always amazes me how much these babies can move around in there! Not always so comfortable for us!

Becky and Tyler said...

Lowe does the same thing...he's picked my liver to kick and shove all the time...it'll be bruised by the time he finally comes!!! I love the sound of that tradition!!! How fun!

H.Cook said...

really cute ultrasound picture!

Lilianne said...

Oh, the irony! If men were in charge of procreation, there would be NO children in this world! (Or they'd only have one baby and call it quits.) I love it! And yes, that little foot does jus make me melt. Baby feet are the best!

The Ensign's said...

Welcome to the third trimester... with a foot in your rib and another kicking you in the bladder and constant summersaults (sp?)
I think you're gonna accidently spill the name when I'm over there one day. In fact I'm counting on it! hehe

Grossarths said...

Congratulations!

We are excited for you guys. It sounds like things are going for you in Tucson.

We are still in Seattle and are exepected #2 in July.

We will add your blog to our family list.

Kevin, Jeanne, and Jackson