Monday, July 20, 2009

Never Again

OK, so I might be little overly dramatic when I say "Never Again" to a summer baby in Tucson. However, I hope that our next baby will be born during the cooler months. There are several reasons why I feel this way.

1. Way too hot to do anything outside since I don't want Saku to get overheated or sunburned.
2. He gets so sweaty in his car seat and our Scion's A/C doesn't reach him that well in the backseat.
3. Way harder for me to go out and exercise when the temperature outside is somewhat reasonable only before 6 am and after 10 pm.
4. We have to keep the temperature lower in the house to make sure he doesn't get too hot; yet, I worry about our fans creating too many drafts, which might get him cold. Yes, I worry and worry and worry!
5. Sweating and breastfeeding don't go well together in my book. NOthing like smell of milk and sweat. Also breastfeeding in public under the hooter hider makes both Saku and I cook to death. I love breastfeeding but I HATE breastfeeding in public places(AKA when I have to cover myself).
6. Saku feels like he is 100 degrees all the time, which means that I'm constantly checking his temperature just to be sure he doesn't have fever. Nope, he is just a little heater.

Maybe it would a different story with a second baby when I wouldn't be so worried about everything, but I still would like to enjoy the outdoors with my baby. I have my awesome stroller and it doesn't get much use(except when we go to the mall) because it's too hot to walk outside right now.


On Sunday we decided to escape the heat and drove up to Mt. Lemmon for a picnic. It was nice to be in a slightly cooler weather and do something different.

We are supposedly the same height but I sure look shorter(maybe it's because I'm wider:))
Three of my favorite people in the world!!
I was finally able to capture Saku's smile as he falls asleep.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

aw that is a precious smile indeed!

Catherine said...

I know the stroller isn't getting much use right now, but just think about that lovely weather you'll have for 9 months of the year. With your warm winters, your stroller will always get more use than ours here in chilly Minnesota!! Send some heat here and we'll send you a little of our cold and we'll all be happy!!

EmmySue said...

During the summer I place ice packs in the kids car seats and when I take them in the stroller I set them on ice packs. I agree... WAY to hot to be outside... but hey... come October the weather is great... for 2 days... If you don't take any money... the mall is a good place to walk in the A/C.

Suzanna said...

I have the same complaints about Summer in Texas with a baby. The pool is just about our only friend this Summer.

Chelsea said...

That has got to be the cutest baby smile picture I have ever seen! Kyler never smiles long enough for me to catch it on camera!

Nikki Nichols said...

Oh my gosh he is getting so big and you look great! ITs so funny that you say that about Arizona because Beckett was born July 3 in Gilbert and we never never never used his stroller except for the mall. I want to move back there for Dental School, but if we have another child there, we will make sure he/she is not born during those months. I feel your pain! How much longer do you get your sister with you guys??

www.thefamilynichols.com

The Ensign's said...

Ahhhh yes.... the joys of babies in the summer. He could end up like aeden and you'd have to worry about him getting burnt for the rest of his life.
BTW- I've realized boys sweat WAY more then girls.