Tuesday, July 7, 2009

So Blessed

Troy and I are blessed with wonderful families who show their love and support to us constantly.

Troy's mom and a family friend came to Tucson few weeks ago and cooked meals for a whole week so we could just heat them up each day. It made life so much easier as we were still adjusting to a life with a newborn. Barb and Vern were also our little one's first visitors and he happily slept in his grandma's arms for hours that day.

My dad flew in last Friday and has helped this sleep-deprived mom so much. He has been in charge of rocking Rölli to sleep or just hanging out with him after the 5 am feedings so I could sleep few extra hours. Also the pair of extra hands has been invaluable when I wanted to take a shower or study for few minutes when our little man wanted to be held. I don't know how I will go back to having to do it all on my own:) Dad has also cleaned our whole house, cleaned our garage and patio plus helped us to get ready for the baby blessing. We are so blessed to have him here with us. I know Rölli wont remember his grandpa singing him to sleep or talking to him, but I cherish the image of my dad and my son interacting together.
I am so blessed to have a wonderful and supportive husband who adores our son. I decided to pump every now and then so Troy could do be part of some of feedings and bond with Rölli little more. Troy has the ability to sleep through Rölli's crying, but once I wake him up, he is more than willing to change any diapers or pace the halls if needed.
We are blessed with amazing friends who have offered meals and their time to help us after Rölli's birth. Here is a picture of Rölli's first friend James. James was born just five days after Rölli. Christina had actually offered to bring us a meal that day and then we received an email saying that she was in labor. I had told Christina that she better not have her baby before me since her due date was two and half weeks later than mine. Hopefully these boys can have some play dates together when they get little older. It is obvious that our boy likes to eat:)

2 comments:

radean said...

R need a bottle of formula once a day

TRUST ME

OC DADDY said...

Nice shirt