Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Brave Little Man

Saku had his two-month appointment yesterday and he did so well. We were pleasantly surprised that we only waited about 5 minutes to get in and another five minutes for the doctor to come and see our little guy. We really like our pediatrician. She is so personable and listens to our concerns and opinions. Any doctor that gets Troy's approval is an A+ doctor since Troy has a basic mistrust towards doctors. This is interesting due to the fact that many of our good friends are doctors/med students and Troy has a great respect towards them and enjoys their friendships.

So the important numbers for Saku at 2 months are the following

Weight: 13 lbs 15 oz (90-95th percentile)
Length: 24.5 inches (90th percentile)
Head: 42 cm (90th percentile)

He used to be in the 50th percentile for everything, so we have made quite the jump. Most likely his growth will level out and he won't be in the 90th percentile for that long.


My baby doesn't look like a baby anymore. I mean obviously he is only 2 months, but he seems so big to me now. That newborn phase is over so quickly. Saku gets this confused face when Troy's face disappears behind the camera.

Am I a cruel mom to try to capture his red face on camera while he receives THREE shots? He cried so hard for 30 seconds and then stopped right away when I cuddled him. It was one of those moments when I really felt like I was his mom and he knew that I loved him and wanted to comfort him.


This is how he felt for most of the evening. Troy and I took turns to cuddle him. He was very sleepy and even fell asleep on his own in his crib. For many babies that might be an every day event; however, Saku has fallen asleep only twice on his own prior to last night.



Check out those strong legs and the sweet band-aids.


I also came across this blog post by Seriously, so blessed!. It just made my day.

Thanks for the tylenol tip. It seems to have worked like magic:)

2 comments:

Molly said...

What a hunk! He's so adorable. I hope Olivia doesn't have a problem with younger men because I so want her to marry him! If he doesn't mind older women, that is.

Kat Clark said...

He is a cutie pants! I need to see him in person so I can take in all his chubby gloriousness! Come over dangit!