out because let's face it, making food for bunch of people isn't easy.
I had a good birthday. I enjoyed a pedicure before my party. It's amazing how pretty toes can make you feel better. My friends spoiled me with giftcards to a running store, Chipotle, Macys and a Visa card. I love gift cards because I cant save the money, I can do guilt free shopping. I already cashed in at Macy's for a new pair of shoes and a new bra from Victoria's secret.
Troy surprised me with an iPad. I know what you are thinking, " is that a present for Troy or Eevi". He is obviously excited to have the new toy around, but he genuinely thought that it would a good fit for me since i like blogging and watching TV shows online. I am still getting used to it and i am little undecided about its user friendliness for other things than just reading and watching. Saku likes cuddling with me and watching Baby Einstein on YouTube.
On the night of the party one of our friends made a comment about how our day must have been "like a rat race" referring to how busy that day had been.
Lately I have really felt like our life is a rat race. We have been on the go for weeks. I feel like I am 80 percent stay home mom and working full time. There are days when I get about 4-6 hours of sleep in 30+ hours as I work the night shift and then come home and take care of Saku. It reminds of having a newborn and no sleep. However, it is important to me that Saku doensn't have to be at other people's houses more than absolutely necessary.




I have six nights off and I am going to enjoy this little boy and all his drool, stinkiness and even the feisty temper tantrums to the fullest. Plus simply sleeping next to my husband seems luxurious as well.
What are you looking forward to this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment