Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Few minutes of being a Paparazzi

On Saturday afternoon, we took the subway from downtown to Brooklyn and fell in love with the neighborhood. The buildings were beautiful, the streets were pedestrian friendly, everything was clean and Saku was happy to walk around. I know we only saw little bit of the city and especially this part of the town, but I could see myself living somewhere like this for few years. I'm sure I would start missing the space that living that we have now, but I loved the city feel; it reminded me of living in Finland, but obviously everything is way bigger in New York and way more people.

The Brooklyn Bridge
Manhattan area and the Brooklyn bridge behind Anna and I

Saku found some fascinating dirt. Wouldn't it be nice to be a kid and so easily satisfied with the little things in life?


We didn't have any toys with us, so Troy would throw a spoon and Saku would run and get it. Yes, we played fetch with our Saku and he loved it. I wonder if people around us thought that we were dysfunctional parents:)

As we chilled on the grass, I started to notice the unusual number of fancy strollers that would pass us by. Troy had borrowed few nice lenses for our camera so I tested out the zoom function and took some pictures of the moms with fancy strollers.

Anna thought that it was strange to be so excited about the strollers, but it was a different experience to see so many of them everywhere. It makes sense though, if you don't use a car in the city, a cheap stroller most likely couldn't handle all the snow that the city gets during the winter months.

I really liked the yellow color on this UppaBaby. I don't think it was a color option when we bought our blue stroller.









Is this totally creepy of me to be so fascinated with the strollers?


p.s there will be multiple posts with pictures of our trip. I think Troy took close to 600 pictures and while I won't torture you with that many, the weekend was way too fabulous not to share.

4 comments:

Brittany Cornett said...

my sister calls me a stroller snob, cause when ever we go to the zoo i check out people's strollers. I was excited to see my Phill and Ted stroller. Have fun on your trip and be safe!

Suzanna said...

We play fetch with Luke all the time. He never seems to have a problem with it. Did you go to NYC just for the heck of it? Very cool. Someday I'd like to go.

SMT Family said...

I am glad you loved it. Brooklyn is beautiful. I would love to live in some of the areas of Brookylyn. Now I am curious about Finland because you said it reminds you of home.

Isn't the strollers watching something else in NYC? That is where it all began for me, our first trip to NYC! I will always view Ithaca and NYC as our "homes" because I felt so comfortable there.

Eevi said...

Suzanna, we went to NYC just for a little vacation. We have been working pretty hard lately so I felt that we needed to play hard as well:)

Shannah, I think it's just mostly the city feel and ease of public transportation that reminds me of Finland. What is your status of moving to NYC?