I figured I would post few of the websites that I use to find good deals and that show me how to match coupons. I blindly follow their instructions:)
Few of you brought up how most coupons are for processed and junk food. This is true; HOWEVER, I use tons of coupons for yogurt, cheese, cereal, pasta, pasta sauce, canned fruit, breads, hygiene products and diapers to name a few. I do wish that I could get fresh produce with coupons, so I just spend more money on produce that I save at other places due to the use of coupons. And I am not going to lie, I do love it when I can get free brownie boxes and cookie mixes.;)
The trick to saving money with coupons is matching a sale with a coupon. Otherwise, it is cheaper to buy the generic brand even with coupons. Sometimes I wish I didn't know about a good deal, because then I feel like I need to go and get the free cereal/pasta/fill the blank when I am too tired to do anymore shopping:)
Arizona deals
Thanks for everyone's comments and sharing your views on budgets and coupons. It definitely makes a difference on how much money you need to spend depending on where you live. I think Arizona is pretty average on food prices.
I am heading over to Safeway tomorrow for some free stuff such as granola bars, cereals and bottled water. Let's hope Saku cooperates with me. He has become a 100% boy with a desire to destroy and damage everything he sees:)
3 comments:
Thanks for the information!
For fresh produce at a bargin try bountifulbaskets.org. It's 15 bucks for a ton of fruits and veggies, we've done it afew times and I know we're saving so much money using it. Ex: we got 4 artichokes as part of the tons of food once and the next time I went to the store, I checked to see how much artichokes were and they were 3 bucks a piece!!! So...lots of good produce (fruits and veggies) for a little money!
Thanks Becky! I will have to check that out.
Post a Comment