Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Little Moments and Things that Make Happiness Happen

The last few weeks have been very good. I feel like I am back to living my life and enjoying it. For few months, I was just enduring it and that's not a way to live.

The nausea is gone. I am still tired, but not to the extent that I was when I worked three nights. I have been getting 9 hours of sleep on most nights when I'm at home. I use Saku as my alarm clock and this morning I woke up at 9 am!! And Saku hadn't even cried yet...we missed our movers-n-shakers class, but I dare to say that it was worth it.

We spent five days in San Diego and loved it. It was a much needed break to get away from the heat.
Saku had no fear when it came to the ocean. We would run towards the waves and try to chase seagulls that chilled on the beach.


One of Troy's best friends and his wife drove down from Huntington Beach to spend a day with us. Troy is a social guy, but usually my company is enough for him. However, I could just tell how much he loved spending a day with Matt. They did little surfing, talked boy stuff and enjoyed time with their wives and sons.
Happiness.
My cute boys chilling on a surf board.
Saku and Westin getting a bath to wash off all the sand that they had collected from the beach.
This is from 4th of July Weekend.It was my first Saturday off for months and we got to go and swim at Brian and Alia's. It felt magical to just relax and hang out on a Saturday. Yes, simple joys of life. Saku and Cameron were captured by Baby Einstein's magic for a while.

Since the nausea is gone, I've started to cook again. This will sound so 50s homemaker-ish, but I love the fact that after Monday and Tuesday's dinner, Troy said "this was amazing". I love doing new recipes that turn out delicious. There is a degree of satisfaction to know that your cooking is delicious.

I still have not figured out how to keep my house clean all the time. On Monday, I cleaned it and it looked so good and last night, I felt like a bomb had gone off. Anyone else have this issue?Fortunately, it's not a big enough issue for me and I'm not losing sleep because of it:) But I would like to have a clean house 99% of the time.

Also I have worked out few times this week and it has made me feel so much better. It is kind of difficult to get motivated to exercise when you know you will just get bigger as the pregnancy goes on, but at least, it should be easier for me to bounce back once this baby is here.

Lastly, few people have made comments about the fact that our kids will be so close together. "Are you sure that you are ready for that?" or "Are you sure you can handle it?" Of course, I'm not sure, but it's little late for that now and I would never make a comment to someone who decided to space their kids far apart. I'm not offended by the comments or mad, just amused that people just have to give their opinions about things. I believe I can a good mom even if it will require more work than if we waited another year.

Anyways, what have you been up to last few weeks?


11 comments:

Becky and Tyler said...

I love the censoring of Saku in the bathtub! Super cute and so jealous!!!

Chelsea said...

I must have missed your last post, because I didn't know you were expecting! My sisters and I are really close in age, and I loved it growing up - we shared everything (except boyfriends, haha) Congrats! Hope you keep feeling better!

Unknown said...

oh san diego looks like it was a blast..was it chilly? the pics make it look chilly. I know, i was so unmotivated to work out with i was pregnant, so GOOD FOR YOU!

shiloh said...

I'm surprised people have made those kind of comments to you about the children being close in age- really, it is too late to stop it, so why not just plan as best you can and focus on the positive. The kids in my family are 12 months, 14 months, and 22 months apart, and we loved it all growing up. My mom seemed to really enjoy it too because we all played together. Glad to hear your nausea has faded and you've had some fun trips!

shiloh said...

I'm surprised people have made those kind of comments to you about the children being close in age- really, it is too late to stop it, so why not just plan as best you can and focus on the positive. The kids in my family are 12 months, 14 months, and 22 months apart, and we loved it all growing up. My mom seemed to really enjoy it too because we all played together. Glad to hear your nausea has faded and you've had some fun trips!

Kat Clark said...

That pic of you and Saku is priceless. You should totally frame it! I love it when Michael loves my dinners. It really is so gratifying. I get it too about having a clean house one minute and then turning around and finding that it's a disaster. How does that happen so fast?! Who cares how close they are together? It's your life and it's your choice and it's perfect. They are going to be best buddies! Can't wait to find out what it is! xoxo

Bridget said...

I've been wondering what you're up to. You are all looking happy and great!

hanne said...

joopa joo...mitahan se muille kuuluu millon ne lapsensa hankkii ja vaikka sulla saattaakin tulla tosi rankkaa kun molemmat on pienia niin kylla se helpottaa tosi paljon kun nuorempikin on lahella vuotta ja ne on leikkikavereina toisilleen. Olisin itekin toivonut sita tilannetta, ett Matias ois pian saanut kaverin.

Queen Bee said...

We are so happy for you guys!! When I found out I was pregnant with Brooklyn, I cried and then we didn't talk to each other for a few days---Sav & Bro are 22 months apart. The best blessing that could have happened for our family. It was 6 more years before we got the next one. The Lord has decided when all my kids would come and believe it or not he does know best!!!

Jesse and Camry said...

I love your pictures, San Diego looks beautiful! And don't let anyone tell you your kids will be too close, I know people who have done them 11 months apart, and the parents and kids survived!

Ashley said...

I love all these pictures and I especially love that you kept Saku modest in the bath. :) I'm also glad the nausea is gone. Do you know if you're having a boy or girl yet?