Saku has developed a new interest in cars. Before our trip to Wyoming and the multitude of trucks that he saw everywhere, he didn't care much about cars. He would play with his hot wheels, but didn't get excited about real cars. Well, yesterday we let him "drive" one of our cars and we created a monster. The boy loves to stand on the driver's seat and play with all the buttons and have his hands on the wheel. The favorite buttons so far are the emergency lights and the power lock button. If we go to the garage and don't let him drive, he starts crying as if we were physically hurting him.
Last week we were able to escape the heat for a week in Wyoming for an annual white water rafting trip down the Snake River. We flew to Salt Lake City and spent a night in North Odgen at Troy's aunt and uncle's house. Saku enjoyed visiting with their horse and chilling on the horse swing.
I was little nervous about camping for a week since Saku is so energetic and quick. I wondered how much of a vacation it would. We ended up having a great time. Saku couldn't get enough of the rocks, dirt, sticks and wide open spaces that he got to explore.
Troy went rafting every day. During one of the "runs" down the river, Troy, Trent, Kyle and Regina ended up doing some clift jumping.
As Troy was about to jump, a tourist group came by and the river guide joking told Troy "don't jump, you have a reason to live". Troy yelled back "My wife is pregnant" to which the guide responded "jump, man, jump".

We even took Saku down the river on a bigger boat that didn't go through the big rapids. It takes about two hours to go down the river, so I was nervous that he would get bored, which would equal temper tantrums. He actually did a good job. His favorite part was being dipped into the cold water. The water was probably in the mid fifties, but he loved it and kept asking for more.
Of course, the hat didnt stay on for very long, but he didn't get sun burned either:)
Our little family picture after we all survived the river experience. Troy got a major sunburn on left shoulder. Poor man was in pain for few days, but it didn't stop him from enjoying the rafting each day.
Saku and I were in the back of the boat to avoid getting too wet.
People pay big bucks to go rafting, so we feel very blessed to have Jen and her family's knowledge and rafts so we get to do this each year. Next year, we will have a two year old and a 6 month old, I wonder how that will be??
I have a small baby bump by now. I think it appeared around 17 weeks with Saku, so it's two weeks "earlier" this time. A week ago, I had this dream about being in labor and I knew that I was only 14 weeks along. The nurses were worried about the baby and I was aware of the fact, that nothing could be done for a 14 week fetus if he/she decided to come. Ironically, I was woken up by Saku's frantic crying and I ended up taking him to our bed to snuggle with me and as I cuddled him, I prayed to Heavenly Father that everything would go well with this baby. I haven't been worried about the pregnancy as I was with Saku and it doesn't occupy my thoughts like my first pregnancy did. However, that night I had this strong feeling of love for this child who is barely four inches long and weights few ounces.
3 comments:
ohhh, the rafting trip looks like so much fun! I envy your sweet hook ups to relatives that know how to river raft.
Hey my baby Eevi, I love following your blog and read it regurlarly even if I comment your life over the phone.
We keel down by our bed side every morning and every night to plea protection for your precious fetus and health for you and Troy and Saku.
Love you,
Isi
I, too, am super jealous about your river trip. We have always wanted to do that, but it seems like someone is always pregnant or has a small child and can't go. You just debunked both those myths so maybe we can make it happen soon.
Post a Comment