On Friday I told Troy "wasn't this week so much easier with two kids" and he agreed with me. I don't want to jinx myself but I think I reached the point where I feel like I am myself again and I have some sort of control of my life again. We went to the temple yesterday and as I sat in the celestial room, I had this feeling of pure joy and happiness as I thought of my little family.
Eerika is two months today. I have loved her from the moment that I held her for the first time, but this last week, I really just fell in love with her. I had this moment when I realized that I have a daughter and it made me so happy. That might sound crazy because obviously I knew that I had a daughter all this time, but it just hit me that I get to do so many "mom and daughter" things with her. How I hope I can teach her the things that she needs to know because this world can be so hard on girls and women.
She is a very alert and social baby. She loves to get her diaper changed because she is closer to my face when she is laying on the changing table. She smiles and makes cute little sounds. We often have little conversations together. She such a sweetheart. She can cry when she needs to be heard, but we really don't hear her cry very much.
We figured out that she likes to be left alone when she goes to sleep. So I swaddle her, put a pacifier in her mouth and put her in the bassinet and she falls asleep on her own. Part of me is little sad about not holding her to sleep or rocking her, but it makes life so much easier that she doesn't need me there except to put the pacifier back in her mouth if it falls off before she falls asleep.
She still wakes up to eat twice a night on most nights, but she is a quick eater and usually is back to sleep within 15 minutes. Am I ready for only one feeding? Yes, but I am grateful for the 4 hours that I get to sleep in a row.
Her reflux is a lot better and I almost wonder if she wouldn't even need to medication. I'm interested to see how much she weights when we go in to see her doctor on Tuesday.
This is her favorite way to be held. She loves to see your face and check out her surroundings.
I find Eerika to be beautiful. I always thought that Saku was so cute, but I just think that she is beautiful. She doesn't mind strangers holding her and happily smiles to everyone. She isn't a fan of cuddling, but she does like to sleep on our chest every once a while.
There is some debate whether her hair has a tint of red in it. I guess only time will tell. Troy is not a huge fan of red hair on girls; however, he told me that if her hair is red, he will convince her that red hair is the most beautiful thing in the world. I thought it was so loving for him to want his daughter to have a good self-esteem.
When Eerika was little younger, I thought that she looked like my sister Anna. I don't have a baby picture of her, but I found some pictures of myself and Aino who is six years younger than me. Now I'm thinking that Eerika might look a little more like Aino as a baby.
So photogenic! I had just to share this picture because it is a great example of a "bad school picture"

Troy thinks I look the same that I did when I was 7:)

How about the fact that Aino's ears as a baby were bigger than mine as a 7 year old. If you look at Saku and Eerika's ears, they inherited my tiny ears.
And just for the heck of it, all of the siblings together. We were all born within six years and I have no idea how my mom survived those years when everyone was so young. However, my siblings have been such a blessing that I am grateful for my mom's ability and willingness to have kids so close together.

10 comments:
love those pictures of you guys as kids! that is so neat that you have those.
I think I speak for Mollie too when I say I'm slightly offended.
Troy- I know where you sleep!
First off, Troy is right. You DO still look just like you did at 7. Second, I LOVE the photos of Eerika and Saku both. They are both beautiful children and the photos capture that. Love you. So glad that you are feeling more optimistic!
That picture of you guys blinking is hilarious!!! You should send that in to the Ellen Degeneres show!
Eerika really is so sweet, what a pretty baby. I know what you mean about suddenly realizing that you have a little girl to teach everything to. It's exciting. :)
hahaha Those are the greatest pictures of you and your sister!!
I think Eerika is beautiful too. I can't wait to hold her again ;)
Eerika is gorgeous! She does have a tint of red. Remember Magdalena's hair? It was the same way. It has become much blonder as she's gotten older, though. Troy can always hope for that.
You do still look like you did when you were 7. haha. I understand what you mean when you finally realized that she was your daughter. It's hard to explain, but I totally had that feeling awhile after I had Logan. It's a great feeling!
I've never noticed your ears, but man, they are tiny. And, your babies are adorable. I have moments all the time where I "realize" that I have a boy, mostly when I see or babysit other little boys, it hits me that my little boy will be doing those things in 6 to 12 months... and I'm not ready for that.
Oh Eevi how I love reading our blog. Eerika is so beautiful and Saku playful. You do look like when you were 7 but you also look more and more and nurture Saku and Eerika more and more like your mother, Pirki. So looking forward to see you all in April.
I'm so glad you feel like your old self again. It's such a relief after feeling frazzled with a change in the family. And you know it's a good thing, but still hard to make the adjustment. It's nice to feel more peace on a consistent basis.
I think I'm finally realizing that my kids really will be good friends, not just babies who were born close in age. I've been thinking about how to enjoy this stage more and I think recording the good memories will help a lot. Your kids will love the letters you write to them!
Post a Comment