I must admit that during the first few weeks of Eerika's life, I wondered how I would survive having two kids so close in age. And it was little rough for a bit.
Now I am loving it. Of course, it is all not all fun and games. There are times when I have two screaming/crying children. I have to rescue Eerika from Saku's rough play and every once in a while, I have to rescue Saku when Eerika gets a good hold on his hair or wants to do a nice face grab. The only thing that I officially do not like about two kids is loading them into the car and unloading.
But as I watch them interact, I am so glad that they will have each other. While I can't each of them all my attention, I think they will learn things from each other that I wouldn't be able to teach them. I know there are other factors than just age difference that influence the relationship between siblings, but for now, I think these two will be great friends because they don't even know of a time when it was just one of them. Well for Eerika, there never was such time:)
Saku teaches Eerika about the coolness factor of wearing goggles when in the bath tub.
Eerika reminds Saku how fun it is to chew on bath toys
At times, they are just happy to be together. An older sibling is also an added benefit during the Eerika's separation anxiety stage and the fact that she likes to do this fake cry when we leave the room or walk by her without picking her up or playing with her, Saku's presence makes her comfortable.
Or just plain beautiful on her own
"oh man, here we go again with him rolling on top of me"
Saku loves to roll on Eerika or try to sit on her while trying to be very discreet about it. Since Eerika barely ever makes a fuss about it, he can be quite successful.
Every day, with these two kids, is fun. Some days seem very long. Some seem like they just flew by. But without a question, every day I am blessed to be their äiti and witness the little miracles and adventures that are part of their childhoods.
And on mornings like this when it is 7:45 and they are still sleeping. I am extra energized to love them.
3 comments:
Thanks for your post! It gives me some serious hope that our kids will be good friends and that I'm not just torturing myself having two youngin's for no reason. ;) No, it's not torture. Some days are harder than others, but the good days are now outnumbering the bad. I really look forward to the two of them being able to bathe together. Oh how I wish our kids could play together.
Eevi, I love your positive attitude. Looking so much seeing you four soon.
Love you.....
Eevi, you look great! And Saku in those goggles made me laugh out loud just now! Such a sweet shot of a rockin' kid. Eerika is growing so quickly of course but she is just so pretty and dainty.
Post a Comment