Today was a slow day. The time from 1 pm to 6 pm crawled. It wasn't a bad day. I wasn't in a bad mood, but I kept looking at the clock.
Ironically, the morning went by quickly. I slept in close to seven o'clock and heard Eerika crying. Eerika and I played for an hour or so until Saku decided to wake up to the world. And he woke up in a happy mood. This can be a rare thing. He is usually sad/cranky only for few minutes, but still, I treasure the mornings when he is all smiles.
We were invited to a friend's house at 9 am, so after some scrambled eggs and a quick bath for the kids while I got myself ready, we headed over to see Ethan and April. And we had a great time. It was nice to hang out with a new friend, yet not feel the fact (insert: awkwardness) that she is a new friend. Saku and Ethan played without one episode of whining or crying. It was magical. Eerika got pushed around as usual by the boys, but she took it pretty well.
I promise that I will find a little girl friend for you, my sweet girl.
We had early lunch because Eerika was ready for her nap. She fell asleep instantly and I hoped that Saku had done the same. He was quiet in his room for good half hour. I envisioned all the things that I could do as the kids would sleep for few hours.
As soon as I took the steam mop out and started working on the floor, I hear Saku coming out of his room. He did go back and play by himself for a bit, but once he knew that I wasn't enforcing his isolation in his room, he came out quickly.
It was fine with me. BUT then he went to get a car from the room where Eerika was sleeping and he woke her up at 1 pm. And she never fell asleep.
So I had two very tired kids in my hands all afternoon. Troy witnessed this as we facetimed and both kids were crying with all their might. He felt bad. I appreciated his concern for my mental sanity. Fortunately, I was okay with the whole deal.
Saku watched half of a movie. Eerika and I danced. We played outside. We went for a walk. We played with toys. We ate dinner. We read books. And I put both kids to bed at 6:15 pm.
Eerika is out. I can still hear Saku in his room.
Now if the time would stand still for the rest of the night so I could enjoy this early bed time:)
1 comment:
well put, i know days just like that.
Post a Comment