Monday, June 10, 2013

Life is happening and it is good:)

I have been too tired to blog but life has been going on and good things have happened even when I haven't been writing them down.

  • Eerika doesnt wear diapers anymore. She has accidents still, but there is no going back to diapers anymore and most of of the time, she does really well.  When we were in Utah, she only had one accident in the whole week. There have been more accidents since we are home and I am more relaxed about checking on her. Either way, I don't have to change diapers anymore.
  • Troy fell into a cactus while going on a four wheel ride. He had about 200 needles stuck in him, but he was very lucky to not get hurt any worse. He learned that Elmer's glue and duct tape work well to pull needles out.
  • I had a liver transplant patient last week and it was the coolest experience to inform him that the doctor thought that the liver was good and he was finally going to get a new liver. This was his 5th time being admitted for a possibly transplant and each of the previous times, it had not happened. When I said that they would take him to the OR in half an hour, he looked like a kid on a Christmas morning, except much more grateful:)
  • It is summer here. Full blown summer. The forecast is 100 degrees for the whole week. It makes me anxious and I am looking forward to the weeks that we will be in Finland and in a cooler weather.

No comments: