Saku and I have had some awesome moments together lately. He loves building with legos and we often spend an hour or two a day building airplanes and playing with them. Isi worked a lot this week, which meant that I spent even more time with him than usual. Tonight we cuddled a bit at bedtime and he gave the sweetest happy smile. Isi is his favorite. There is no competition there. However, this kid loves me so much. I am so blessed to have him be mine.
He has also imparted his wisdom to me as he told me "life is easier without kids". Obviously the conversation continued and he wasn't sure if we should have more kids in our family because babies cry so much. He also has recognized that he can make his own choices. This comes up all the time as he informs us that "I can do whatever I want". He isn't aggressive about it or defiant. He simply has recognized that I can't make him do certain things. Fortunately, he has also understood the fact that we, as his parents, have the same freedom of agency and if he chooses an unfavorable action, some of his privileges of stories, playtime etc could go away. We haven't had to do it yet because just the mention of "if you choose to not clean up, we can choose to not tell a story" has been enough to drive the point home.
He loves soccer. He loves playing Star Wars though he has never seen any of the movies. He loves reading books. He loves playing puppy. And he loves to the director of the pretend play. He has also started to play with some new friends and seems to really enjoy it.
Everyone says he looks like Troy. Lately as he has tried to be brave in social situations, such as asking kids to play with him or asking for his soccer ball back, I see myself in him. He gets to nervous. I can tell that he is worried of being rejected or not included. I want him to be brave. Life can be so scary when you wonder if people want to be with you or play with you. At the same time, he is so loved by his friends. And he is a great friend. And a great brother.
Saku, I don't know what I imagined for you four years ago when you were born, but you make me so proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment