Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Aleksi 8 month edition

Aleksi is a delightful eight month old. He is full of silly one tooth smiles. He has chubby thighs. He loves to eat. He eats anything and everyone that you give him. I have tried to be good about giving him a big variety of things, in addition to the baby food, so he would get used to eating things like tomatoes that aren’t even my favorite. He still drools a lot, maybe not as much as he did before, but enough to need a bib or an outfit change each day.


He gets many comments for being so cute and smiley. I think he is adorable and he for sure is very happy. I wish I could be so positive with Saku and Eerika as I am with Aleksi. I wish I could always communicate with the same cheerfulness and patience as I do with Aleksi. I often sing "Aleksi on äitin kaveri" around the house and it has such a positive vibe to it. 

We finally went to see a dr. for his well child check up. He is whooping 19 lbs:) 



Aleksi doesn’t crawl yet. He sits well and he will reach for things, but he doesn’t get on his hands and knees. He doesn’t even do an army crawl; he does a “roll from tummy to his side and wiggle, back to tummy” move and that is how he gets from point A to point B if he wants to move few feet. He does do an adorable job of turning around while sitting. He can stand unassisted against chairs or couches, but can’t stand up and definitely is not stable. He is very different in this aspect than Saku and Eerika were. 

He has been swimming with us few times and doesn’t mind the cool water of the pool. This morning he felt sand for the first time in San Diego.





The one thing that has become harder is naps outside home. He can stay up much longer between naps and he is a trooper about not getting to fussy, but he does not take good naps in the car seat like he used to. We might get 45 minutes to an hour if we are lucky, but today he slept 10 minutes during church. So I did a lot of distracting, walking in the hallways and sweet talking to him. 


At home, he naps twice a day anywhere between 1.5 hours to 3 hours. It is very nice. He eats once a night at home, and when we are traveling, I just nurse him when he wakes up which is twice a night (between 7 pm and 7 am) usually. He is a boob baby. I know he doesn’t really need to eat at night but I honestly don’t mind it. I know he is getting a good 6-7 hours in a row on most nights before the first feed and I am ok with that. Sleep isn’t an emotional issue like it was four months ago. Thank goodness. 

Aleksi, you are so so loved. Words don’t do justice.


No comments: