Saku had a Field day on the 24th at school. They asked for parent volunteers but volunteering and having Aleksi with me don't really go well along. Fortunately the school is so close to us that it wasn't a big deal for us to go and cheer for Saku when they did their Fund Run. The kids ran laps and hope to find sponsors who will pay for each of the laps they run.
Saku ended up running six laps. He was a middle of the pack runner, but he never stopped moving. He would walk for a bit and then keep going. And he was happy in the end.
I would see him walking with Zachary and the boys would have a hand on each other's shoulder. Saku informed me that they were sharing energy.
I feel much more out of the loop with Saku's teacher and classmates and what is going on than I did at Mesquite. Since we don't do a pick up from the classroom and don't get a daily interaction with Mrs. Parker. Plus I only know three of the parents of Saku's classmates, which is a huge difference from last year.
However, Saku is happy to go there and happy when he comes home so I don't think I have a reason to worry.
We will see what Parent-Teacher conferences will tell us.
No comments:
Post a Comment