Monday, December 7, 2015

Third Time Charm With Tooth Fairy

Saku lost his second tooth during our week in Phoenix. For two nights in a row, the tooth fairy failed to show! Saku was pretty bummed out on the second morning, and he even said "äiti, can't you just go and do it?" After his first tooth fairy visit, Saku and Eerika asked me if there really was a fairy or if it was me, I told them that the tooth fairy was someone who loved him very much.

So while we were at the movies watching The Good Dinosaur, the tooth fairy finally showed up with an orange balloon, a dollar bill and explanation how she had gone to Colorado Springs, and then to Tucson where we had been visiting the previous night and finally risked being seen and came in the middle of the day. Saku was very happy. I am not sure if he truly believes in the tooth fairy. I think he wants to believe because he wants the magic and fun associated with it. 

I am grateful for Grandma who is creative and helpful when äiti and isi fail. 



No comments: