Saku loves snow. He loves it so much that our most effective form of discipline is to threaten to take away his snowsuit if he doesn't do what he is supposed to do. He has also gone skiing twice this year and mastered coming down the mountain doing "S". This kid is usually hot and refused to sleep in pajamas in Tucson. The Colorado winter has changed his mind and he finally wears pajamas.
His favorite friends are James and Emily. James does tease him about liking Emily and while it bothers Saku, he doesn't let it ruin either one of those friendships.
He posed for me in this way when I wanted to take a picture of the awesome leather jacket that Ukki and Mummi got for him for Christmas. The new church suit was from Grandma.
Eerika loves to write things down and her newest skill is typing things on the computer.
Eerika's favorite friends are Luke, Owen and Grace. She goes to preschool with these kids so they are
She is so witty. She has also shown plenty of drama lately which has made us struggle. She is a very confident girl which we embrace but now we need to work on some humility and kindness when playing with friends. She definitely wants to dominate the game and be a leader.
Today she informed me that I had promised to make her a sandwich for lunch. When I said I didn't remember this conversation. She said "Maybe your mind is horrible". Troy and I just started laughing.
She showed her kindness last night as Saku and she were playing some silly game that involved throwing magnatiles. Saku threw one at her face, it cut her lip and there was blood everywhere. Once the bleeding stop, we found Saku hiding in his room and crying because he felt so bad. Eerika said "I want to something" which followed by "It's ok. I am not mad at you. It just hurts". A little moment of forgiveness that felt good.
Eerika was blessed to wear Ella and Julia's handme downs for the last four years, but now that we don't live near them anymore, I finally shopped for her. It was fun to choose clothes that fitted her personality.





No comments:
Post a Comment