Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August update 2016

It is end of August. It has been a rather eventful end of the summer with moving, Eerika's tonsillectomy, Troy's family coming to help with our landscaping and Ragnar relay. I have posted on instagram so there is documentation and captions of our life but it isn't quite the same as a blog post.

Saku started 2nd grade. His teacher is Mrs. Craig-Fischi and she seems absolutely amazing. She has a very well planned ideas, she doesnt want busy work and she seems very hands on. We were sad that Saku wasn't part of the immersion but I am very excited for Saku. He is in the same class with Luke, who is our neighbor kid. 

Saku loves nerf guns. He reads a lot and fast. He read five books over the weekend. He is currently addicted to nintendo. Troy set up the old school original nintendo and Saku asks for it a lot. He gets to play for 20-30 minutes after he has done piano practicing and taken care of any other possible chores. He is supposed to read for 20 minutes but let's be honest, I dont really have to push that. 

Saku started piano with Miss Angie and while he is a bit rusty after three month break from piano, I think he will enjoy and do well with Miss Angie. 


Aleksi is 22 months. He is a very happy and silly boy. He is pretty addicted to his tutti and gets to have it way more than Saku and Eerika did. He loves books. He loves blankets. He still likes warm milk before he goes to bed, BUT we are done with the sippy cup which I am very happy about. 

He isn't talking that much. He did learn "no" and "oh no" last week. He loves to go digging outside and he asks for "kiki" which Troy figured out is digging. 

While Aleksi isn't communicating to us with words a ton, he is so perceptive and processing so much. When I told Saku and Eerika that I was going to take a shower, Aleksi quickly came to me because he loves showers. While he was in the shower with Troy, Troy said he hadn't soaped up yet and Aleksi quickly found the soap and handed it to Aleksi.

Aleksi loves church. When I ask the kids to get ready for church, Aleksi yells out "yay" and skips along the hallway. He does pull Eerika's hair and whacks Saku when he is frustrated. But he also gives kisses and hugs and has learned to make the kissing sound when he gives kisses.

He is more and more excited to see Troy and happily goes to him over me. He loves to take his tutti, blanket, and cars with him when he goes to bed and gets out of bed. 





Eerika started Kindergarten. She has gotten in trouble, by her report not her teacher's, for talking too much. She is loving school and she complained that she couldn't stay for the whole day. However, I think she is happy to come home and play with Aleksi and I and also still have the chance for play dates. She comes to our room each night and sleep half of the night on our floor. She doesn't snore anymore because of her tonsillectomy and it took a while to get used to the silence when she is sleeping. 

Two of our neighbor girls are in Eerika's class. She is making progress with her reading skills. She is actually sounding out words and she is good at many of her sight words. I try to not push her too hard as she loves reading books together and I don't want to mess with the joy of reading. Her teacher, Ms. Jacoby, seems good. I haven't been able to get a good idea of her yet. She seems confident and happy and I truly love watching Saku and Eerika walking to school together. Eerika talks about a girl named Scottlynn a lot and hopes to have a play date with her. She cruises around the neighborhood on her bike or razor. 


Troy is busy with work. I have really enjoyed working together with him on the yard. It is tricky with Aleksi but when we are building the retaining wall together and talking and accomplishing things together, I feel very happy. Work seems overall happy for him. There is more work in the Springs which is great. He has worked hard on our yard and continues to play hockey and have guys' nights with Corban on Tuesday nights. 



Happy things in my life include my new curling wand, being surrounded by friends, almost daily nap, our house, cuddling Troy when I am so tired, living in Colorado, 

No comments: