Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December update

Eerika is so excited about the baby. She loves to give me hugs and says "I am actually hugging the baby". We decided to call the baby "Little Moose" if it is a boy and "Little Lamb" if it is a girl. Troy likes "Little Moose" but isn't sure about "Little Lamb". 

I feel amazing right now. I am going to the gym and running three miles. I go to the gym with Jess and Audra and it is so nice to have friends to work out with and keep me accountable.  I have not done that with any other pregnancy. I can fit into my regular jeans for most of the day, but in the evening they have to be unbuttoned. 

Aleksi is learning new words each day. The other day I was going downstairs and he ran after me yelling "äiti wait". He can say "broke" when his lego creations get destroyed. I asks for "kaakao" and wants "ice and milk" in it. I loves to play basketball with his hoop and makes tons of baskets. He even dribbles.  He also can really yell and screams when he gets mad. He also tries to kick you and he will randomly throw things though he isn't mad. Saku got hit with a A&D bucket in the head. I think he is 50% the cutest little boy and 50% pure monster. I might have said the same thing about the other two. 

Eerika is doing really well. She has started to love play with Emma who lives behind us. She also loves to play with Maelle who lives across the street from us. She likes to go to school and is learning. Her reading has improved while she isn't quite fluent yet. She has loved gymnastics and got moved up to level 2. 

Saku is doing exceptionally well at school. He is working on multiplication. He is thriving with his reading. We are working on some emotional outbursts that have emerged in the last two weeks. He is very hard on himself when he makes a mistake and gets very angry. It is a very challenging situation and we aren't sure how to handle it. 

I am loving the Christmas season. Taneli Tonttu is showing up at our house morning and the kids are loving the activities. There is some questioning about whether he is real or whether I am the one doing them but we are feeling the Christmas magic. 

I am the Primary Secretary in our new ward and Troy is working with the cub scouts. 

No comments: