Friday, January 6, 2017

20 weeks

This morning I woke up and could feel Little Moose moving around. Usually I feel him in the evening. At exactly 19 weeks, Troy could feel Little Moose moving around for the first time. 

I feel really blessed about this baby. I know I felt like that about Saku, Eerika and Aleksi, but after an emotionally challenging first trimester and even the weeks before I could feel Little Moose move, I was having some fear that something would go wrong. While I do think that this will be our last baby, and this made me happy during the first trimester as I struggled with exhaustion, nausea and anxiety, I am not 100% convinced that I want this to be our last one. I am not saying that I want more babies or that it is the plan for us, but during this easy part of pregnancy, it is not hard to imagine that this could be done again. I feel blessed that I feel so great and that I can feel the baby move. 

I was really consistent about working out until our trip to Finland and the lack of gym and regular rigorous exercise has left me feeling anxious about weight gain. It is just psychologically hard to know that someone will be weighing me and tracking my weight for the next 20 weeks. However, Troy took a picture of me yesterday and I feel great about the way I look so it gave me some anxiety relief. It is vain but it is hard to have your body change in such a public way. 


We find out the sex of the baby on Tuesday so only four days away. We are thinking that it is a boy. since that was the doctor's prediction at the 15 week appointment but it will be nice to have it confirmed and make sure that everything is going well with the baby.  Eerika and Saku are both hoping for a girl. 

No comments: