Updating our blog just doesn't seem to happen!
We tried to focus on skiing this year. Troy has taken the kids to ski 4-5 times and he went with Sam Scheuller for some "real skiing" plus his annual trip with Kyle and Trent. So eight days of skiing is pretty good plus our trip to Keystone next week and our Whistler trip in April.
Sam is a very good skier and a great athlete so they had a great time together. They even paid 10 bucks to go Cat skiing which ended up not being worth the money as it didn't take them much higher than where they had hiked earlier. They did come home a bit earlier than usual ski days as Troy got tried but of course, he should be more tired skiing with Sam than with our kids.
Eerika has started to be more accommodating about doing her hair. She still doesn't love it but usually she loves the results. They aren't anything fancy for most people but for my skill level, I am very happy.
This is Aleksi before or after church on the day when he first went to nursery without a diaper. We are two for two for accident free Sundays. He even told the nursery teacher Sister Hopper that he had to go last Sunday which was a big step. He still gets treats after going to potty but I don't mind doing it as it keeps him from holding it for too long.
Troy has started running with Corban in the mornings. They run each morning except Wednesdays at 6:40. This is so awesome. I am so proud of him. Another crazy thing that I have started going to the gym around 5:30 so I can be home by the time Troy leaves for his run. Since we aren't usually morning work out people, this is pretty huge!
Saku is really into audiobooks; he will listen to them all the time if we let him. Eerika is also loving them and is on her fourth book of the Grimm Sisters.
Missie and Kent watched our kids while Troy and I had a fancy dinner at Italian restaurant in Old Colorado Springs. We had bruschetta, house salad, chicken with mozzarella and broccoli over fettucini alfredo and veal/sausage pasta.
Last week, the kids and Troy went to Breckenridge. It was so warm that it got flushy and some flat parts were hard to ski on. So the ski day ended early. I think the kids were also tired from the previous night's Trolls movie night. What a ridiculous movie.
For the first time, we filled out the bracket for March Madness. Already two of our teams are out but Troy's favorite Arizona is still in the game.
One of Aleksi's friends, James, turned two and we were invited to his train birthday party. Natalie is always organized, but I didn't know how creative she was. The party had many fun details and delicious food. We are blessed with good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment