Little Moose has been part of our family for two weeks now. He was a very sleepy baby for the first two weeks, and just in the past three to four days, he has started to actually look around the world and keep his eyes open.
Yesterday and last night were the first times that I felt truly exhausted so when Troy ended up snuggling Little Moose after the 6 am feeding and I slept until 9:15, I felt like a new woman. I have been tired enough that I have fallen asleep while nursing him which I don't remember happening with the other three. I have also learned the trick of nursing him while laying on my side so he goes back to sleep quicker and we both get to sleep more.
On most nights he was up only twice a night (during the time I was sleeping) and I have felt that it has been very manageable. However, he would have times when going back to sleep would take a long time and every time i tried to lay him down, he would stir and wake up. This is another reason that I would end up just bringing him to bed with me because I didn't want to be patting and shushing him for 30 minutes in the dark.
He is a great eater and was almost back to his birth weight by the first 5 day check up, so the doctor said we could skip the two week check up.
He was born with some newborn acne or skin irritation but luckily that has cleared up. He does tend to scratch his face when he gets mad. Because he has slept so much, he hasn't cried much.
Aleksi likes ask to hold him and tells us "he is cute". He also likes to go up to him and say "hey buddy" in a sweet voice when Little Moose is crying.
He has been super flexible when it comes to going to places. We have gone on a hike, outings at Villa, grocery store, library and Home Depot runs. He will sleep really well in the car seat and he handled being in the wrap for our hike well.
He doesn't love his tutti but he has started taking it more in the last few days.
He is a bit too big for newborn clothes and a bit too small for 3 month clothes. He wears size one diaper.
Overall our two plus week with Little Moose have gone well. We have been blessed with meals from so many friends so I haven't had to worry about cooking yet. I feel like I have been able to be more relaxed about his sleep or crying. There have been moments when I can tell that I am irrationally upset at the older kids but they have been very minimal. I am grateful for that.
Aleksi likes ask to hold him and tells us "he is cute". He also likes to go up to him and say "hey buddy" in a sweet voice when Little Moose is crying.
He has been super flexible when it comes to going to places. We have gone on a hike, outings at Villa, grocery store, library and Home Depot runs. He will sleep really well in the car seat and he handled being in the wrap for our hike well.
He doesn't love his tutti but he has started taking it more in the last few days.
He is a bit too big for newborn clothes and a bit too small for 3 month clothes. He wears size one diaper.
Overall our two plus week with Little Moose have gone well. We have been blessed with meals from so many friends so I haven't had to worry about cooking yet. I feel like I have been able to be more relaxed about his sleep or crying. There have been moments when I can tell that I am irrationally upset at the older kids but they have been very minimal. I am grateful for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment