Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Avoiding Studying...I'm Great at It!

This week is the fabulous week of finals. I took my "labor and delivery" final yesterday and I have two more to go. Usually I'm stressed and studying like a mad woman; however, this week I'm just slacking. I'm studying one chapter at a time for my pharmacology final and after each chapter I read blogs for half an hour. Needless to say, I'm not being very productive. But I am fully entertained by people's blogs. Yes, I am one of those people who reads random people's blogs. I am addicted to blogs. Troy thinks I'm ridiculous, but if that is my one addiction, I think he should be happy.




On Friday, I took Troy to the pizza place where my nursing school friends and I go for their lunch special as a way to relax. They offer a delicious oversized slices of pizza for a good price. So since Troy is going back to school, I figured I would introduce him to one of the UA student hang out places.

Last weekend was eventful as Troy finally took his GRE test and he did great. He is my math genius and we are hoping that his verbal score will be good enough for the college. We were so relieved after the test that we ate some Chipotle and took a three hour nap. Another exciting thing was the purchase of new running shoes for me. I have worn the same shoes for 4.5 years. They are the shoes that BYU gave me as part of the Track gear when I was training with the team. So it was definitely time for me to get new running shoes. I took them out for a test run on Saturday night and they feel fabulous. So now I am ready for my marathon training:)
I'm actually really enjoying running right now. Some days I do a leisurely run with a 9-10 minute/mile and then I push myself for a 8-8:30 min/mile.

We also had a good Sunday evening with our friends Paul and Heather. We used to spend almost every weekend together last year but somehow we have not been able to get together as much this fall. It's a shame because we love hanging out with them. We played one of our favorites games "Ticket to Ride".



So here is a picture of my cute pregnant friend and I. I look pretty gross actually; however, I don't have many pictures with her and I wanted to post a picture of us. One of our fun "couple friends" moved away last year and I have only one stinking picture with them.Yes, Dani that's you guys! I need more pictures with my friends as a proof of not having a lonely life:)

Alright, another 45 minutes well spent on blogging so I guess I should go and read about rheumatoid arthritis drugs....

5 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey this is Troy's friend Patrick...it's been quite a long time since I talked to him. Troy is going to do a master's degree I assume...what in? Have him shoot me an email...I think he has my address.

H.Cook said...

good luck with all your tests!

Dani said...

YEAAAAA, we're fun friends! Don't worry, I'm addicted to blogs as well! I like to read others much more than I like to write them though! Good luck on all your finals! Now go study!

Mollie said...

Good luck with finishing finals. Greg and I have recently become addicted to Ticket to Ride... we need to play! Come to Vegas...

Starla said...

Excuse me... just because school is out, doesn't mean you can't blog.