Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Banff The Beautiful

Right now I just want to share some sweet pictures from our trip. We spent four days in Banff National Park, Canada. I will write about it tomorrow when I have little more energy. We got back yesterday around 8 pm  and both worked 12 hours today so we are pretty tired. And of course, Troy is getting his knee done tomorrow (ACL reconstructive surgery) so we'll have to be at the hospital at 6 am. 


View of Lake Louise from the mountains

We visited the "Upper Hot Springs" to relax our muscles.
The top of our 9 mile hike called "Plain of Six Glaciers"
I found a candy store with Finnish black liquorice
Lake Minnewanka--too cold for a swim but so peaceful to look at

Lake Louise-the pictures don't do justice to how turquoise the water is.







7 comments:

Anna said...

You guys get to go to such nice places. I'm jealous :D I like your clothes, you are looking beautiful. Can't wait for you to come to Finland and hopefully we'll have a nice trip after new years. Miss you!

Kenn N said...

first what did you do to your knee? And second, that candy store is right out of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory (Gene Eilder edition), did you buy a wonka bar?

Bridget said...

Wow! That is gorgeous. I was wondering where you guys were.

Natalie said...

The pictures are so pretty! Looks like a very nice place. I'm looking forward to hearing the story.

Mollie said...

Wow how beautiful!! Best of luck with the surgery.

Molly said...

You two are so cute together. Good luck on the surgery!

Mimi said...

I saw on Facebook that you were in Banf and I am so glad that they ran into you at church there. They were so happy to see you and catch up - it was definitely one of the highlights of their trip. And my dad says Lake Louise is magnificent. Someday I'll have to see it myself.