Monday, October 20, 2008

A weekend recap

We had a great weekend, which is always a fabulous thing after a long week of school and work. Friday night we watched the movie "The Queen"; I would recommend it. It seems like good movies are harder and harder to find so when I actually enjoy a movie, I feel very satisfied.

On Saturday we visited Apple Annie's with our friends Brian and Alia. It was little over an hour drive to get there from Tucson. We have never actually driven that far east from Tucson before so it was unconquered territory for us. We enjoyed some delicious apple pie, a fun corn maze and picked pumpkins for Halloween. I should point out a fun fact about our friendship with Brian and Alia. Brian was with Troy on the night that Troy and I met. Also Brian and Alia came over to Troy's house on their first date to watch a movie with us. We happened to be in the same married ward at BYU and now they live in Tucson. What a small world, but we sure are grateful to have friends like them!





















After our afternoon adventure, I was trying to be a good girl and do some homework. I was studying in the kitchen when I happened to look at the floor. There was a scorpion about 3 feet away from my feet. It was Arizona Bark Scorpion, which happens to be the most venomous one. 

On Sunday we enjoyed a fabulous dinner with Kat and Michael. There something wonderful about enjoying good food with fun people.  Many of our friends are not huge fans of Tucson (just like we aren't); however, I am glad that we have them to share our lives with and make the best out of this dirty, I mean desert place.

We also did try out "Zinburger" for the first time this week. Fabulous burgers! I highly recommend!

3 comments:

Starla said...

I'm not going to lie- I didn't really like the Queen.... I think we are talking about the same movie. Amy made me watch it.

Dani said...

That's the same kind of scorpion I found on my pillow! Yuck! I still do bed checks! Did your friends Kat and Michael just move there and have a little boy and she's pregnant?

Eevi said...

Dani, we know the same Kat and Michael...what a small world:) When they first moved here I was wondering if they were related to you guys somehow!