Since I am done with my clinicals at L&D, I am actually working and making some money. I have not worked for 4 months due to hectic school schedule and some sweet vacationing over Christmas break. It actually feels very nice to be back at work and know that I will get a pay check in few weeks. Of course, i have already spent all of that money (at least in my mind) but that's beside the point. Today I was even lucky enough to just work 7 hours instead of 12 hours, which works out way better for me. So instead of checking four o'clock blood pressures, I get to blog and enjoy the kicking match my son is having. Of course, I had to call Troy and tell him that his son has never been so active as he is right now. He must really like the Finnish candy that I am eating right now.
I just wanted to share few comments that a lovely nurse gave me today.
"Oh you are pregnant! Are you sure you aren't just fat?" and "I remember gaining weight in my face just like you have"
Let me tell you that this person has always said inappropriate and STUPID things and it's a good thing I love my pregnant body because otherwise I probably would have had a nervous breakdown. I am not sharing this so everyone will tell me that I look great; however, I thought that you might enjoy the comments and find some humor in them. Of course, I have also had about 15 of my patients ask me if I'm pregnant(my scrubs can getting pretty tight). It is amazing how random people comment on your belly status (again I am not complaining rather just observing). The other day I went to buy a water bottle and the cashier said "is the water for the baby?". Yes, I was planning on pouring it into my belly button to hydrate the baby.
here is also an updated picture of my belly at 23 weeks. At first, it didn't look like it was much bigger than I was at 20 weeks; however, there has definitely been some growth happening:)
After my little sister saw this picture, she said "are you gonna get much bigger than this?" The answer is most likely that I will have a huge belly in the end. However, my attitude is that I dont care how big my belly gets as long as I dont gain the weight in my butt and tights. So far I'm doing Ok with this so let's hope that I won't suddenly expand in every possible direction.
8 comments:
Well... there is no question about it. I think you look great... I might even have to say HOT!
Your belly is SO CUTE!
I was fortunate not to get rude comments like that while I was preggo... but when Allie was about a month old I went to Target and the woman who was helping me was like , "Oh, did you just have a baby (noticing the baby clothes I was buying)?" I said yes and then she replied, "Yeah, I can tell you still have your baby fat." GEE! Thanks. Sheesh. Some people!
You look great and so does your face. I know that wasn't the point of your post but really you are so cute and I am glad you are enjoying every part of your pregnancy. No matter what any idiot says! I hate oblivious people!
I LOVE the baby bump at 5-6 months. Love it on others, love it on myself. You are no exception!
People must not think before they speak. That's the only possible explanation to the things strangers say.
Your baby bump is absolutely beautiful! It is funny what people/strangers will say. You have a great attitude about it.
Eevi... you look HOTT!!!
I Love that Troy will comment on your posts. I sometimes have to beg Chad to read mine.
There really are not so smart people out there! And you're one lucky girl about the thighs and butt! That's where all of mine goes! More like the thighs and love handles! The two hardest parts to get that fat off of! Oh well! Your belly is so cute!
HAHAHA I laughed so hard at the water on your belly part. I can just hear your feisty finnish voice in my mind saying the words!! I miss you girl : (. I can't believe you're going to have a baby soon!
Post a Comment