Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I miss....





I miss my mom. How is a girl supposed to go through her first pregnancy without their mom's love and support. Or really how I am supposed to be a first time mom without her advice.  I have had a fabulously easy pregnancy and as you all know, I love it. However, I wish my mom would be here to share all the excitement of baby boys and motherhood with me.  I am blessed with incredibly loving and caring dad as well as a husband. They would do anything I asked them to do and do it gladly. However, the wonderful thing about moms is that they sometimes do things without even the need to ask. I like to think that she got cuddle and love my little boy in the spirit world. 









I miss running. I have been reading my Runner's World magazines and dreaming of a painful, exhausting and so rewarding run. I miss feeling the "runner's high" and the sore muscles the next day.  I actually miss having defined nice muscles in my legs. I miss knowing that I'm really pushing my body to the limit. Obviously I will get to experience this in few months as I give birth:)   Because of crazy schedule and morning sickness during first part of the pregnancy, I gave up running at 12 weeks. Honestly, I almost felt relieved at that point because I was so tired and didn't want to feel guilty about not running so I just used to  "pregnancy card" as an excuse to not run. Now that my center of gravity has dramatically changed and my sweet belly weights quite a bit, I don't dare to attempt to start running again. So now I try to walk three miles a day on my days off and even in the end of my three mile walk, I have to hold my belly up because it starts hurting. 

I miss deli meat. It's one of those "do not eat foods" during pregnancy and I have tried to stay away from it. I think a nice sandwich with deli meat will be my first meal after this little man makes his appearance. 

I miss Finnish candy. This has nothing to do with pregnancy but I wish I could just have my weekly or maybe a daily dosage of Finnish candy. There are wondeful things about living in America like In-N-Out and Chipotle, but the candy here is just below average.

I miss my sisters and brother. I love getting their emails and feeling their excitement about their first nephew. Aino, my youngest sister, was so excited about this baby that she was convinced that my "fat roll" over Christmas was actually a baby bump. And I love her for that.  I also love how my brother's humor and his way of showing his love. This is a conversation from Sunday via gmail chat.

Eevi: How do you like my belly pictures?
Mio: Honestly, I did not notice any difference from last summer. 

I'm lucky enough to have them coming over in July to visit us and meet Rölli. 










I miss Troy. He had to go on a work trip during MY SPRING BREAK! So I am all alone for few days. I know so many people deal with this all the time.  Troy and I just absolutely hate it and never really get used to being away from each other. However, I count it as a huge blessing to be able to be married to a man who is my best friend and whose absence really does make my average daily life that much less exciting. Good thing he will be back in two days:)


7 comments:

Christi Pobst said...

I know what you mean about being away from your husband. I could have been in Arizona this week but I'd be so sad without him!

Lilianne said...

Eevi, hearing you talk about your mom totally made me tear up! I'm sure if there is anytime in your life this would be the time where you'd miss your mom the most! I'm sure she's enjoying your baby boy right now and telling him all about you and how wonderful you are! You're such a strong person and I'm sure the lessons you learned from your wonderful mother will truly bless the life of your children!

And, I missed deli meat too. AND feta! Hang in there! :-)

The Ensign's said...

Ok I'm about to start crying over here.
I totally here ya on the deli meat! I've given into Quizno's assuming that they toasting is good enough, but I'm ready for a subway sandwich.
Also, I'm the same way when Chad's out of town. I look forward to 5 o'clock when Chad comes home and my days are not the same without him!
Call me! We can hang!!! I'm always looking for a friend to hang out with!

Bridget said...

Missing Finnish candy has everything to do with pregnancy, Eevi. :)

What a great post. Don't worry, you'll be running again in no time!

Mollie said...

Oh Eevi, I miss you! You are going to be the best mom, I am so exciting for you guys.

Starla said...

My favorite comment:

Mollie "I am so exciting for you guys."

hahaha..you are exciting for them eh?


Holy cow I miss you Eevi. Sorry Troy had to be gone over your Spring Break!

Suzanna said...

I loved this post, especially the part about your mom. It must be hard but you are definitely a strong person. I am sure she is watching over you and taking care of your boy.

PS I had plenty of deli meat while I was pregnant. I know there are concerns about Listeria (I believe that's what it was)but all those turkey sandwiches seemed to be just fine.