Wednesday, March 18, 2009

When it was dark and cold

Since I announced my pregnancy after Christmas, I never got a chance to post pictures from our trip to Finland. We had the opportunity to spend few days in Lapland, which is the northern part of Finland and above the arctic circle. We took a night train up to Lapland and drove back South.It was very cold and most of the time it was dark, but we had a fabulous time enjoying the snow activities.  It was -20 F outside at times, so we didn't spend too much time outside other than doing our activities. 


We checked out the snow/ice hotel. Everything is made of ice except the sleeping bags and blankets that they give you. 
Troy wisely chose to come and sleep next to me in our cabin rather than sleeping alone in the snow hotel.



We explored the surroundings on snow mobiles. Cute picture of Anna and Troy.

Troy's first time of cross country skiing. Finally, I got to teach him something:)

We also tried snowshoeing and it was a hard work out. My brother had been in the army for the last 6 months and was used to hiking 10 miles a day. Let's just say that he's pace was little faster than what we could handle. 

4 comments:

Matthias said...

BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr etc.

The Ensign's said...

-20??? YIKES!!! I'd never survive and no one would want to be around me because I'm am not a pleasant person when cold.

Mollie said...

That ice hotel looks so cool! Uh... literally. hehe. I think I want to go to Finland someday.

H.Cook said...

that snow hotel is so cool!