Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Irresponsible behavior in Vegas

The extra 100 dollars I ended up spending for my ticket to Vegas was so worth it. We had a great time. We didn't really even go on the strip except on the first night when we ate some delicious Italian food at one of the Monte Carlo's restaurants. While we stayed away from nude ladies and men and gambling, we were slightly irresponsible with shopping and eating. How often can you eat fabulous food(and good amounts of it) and not worry about the cost of the meal? Unfortunately, I did have to pay for our shopping spree; however, we found some awesome deals so we just couldn't pass them up...


All of Banana Republic items were 50% off, so I scored this beautiful summer bag. 
We ate some of best pizza at Grimaldi's. They actually have a restaurant here in Tucson, so I would recommend it if you want some good pizza and are willing to pay little extra.

The best thing about the trip was visiting with my college friend Mollie and her hubby Greg. I have to say that one of the highlights of the trip was Greg's comment on Sunday as we were watching conference and I had excused myself to the bathroom (for the 10th time probably). He turned to Troy and asked if I always have to go so much. Oh yes, unfortunately I do. I actually fell asleep in the bathroom the other night; probably for just few seconds but still.

I love H&M; cheap European style clothing is the best. I just had to buy some stuff since I won't be shopping there until Christmas when we go to Finland.

Troy got his share of stuff from Banana; we gotta make sure my nerdy engineer husband stays stylish:)

I also attended my first "work dinner" with Troy's co-workers and survived. It was 5 engineers and I and everyone was about 20 years older than I am:) So most of the time, I just listened and smiled since many of the topics were not my typical conversation topics.  However, they were very nice and I even enjoyed myself and the New York Cheesecake that I ended up sharing with Troy.


7 comments:

Heather said...

You look so cute! I'm glad that you and Troy had so much fun...but we're glad to have you back here so we can hang out. :)

Starla said...

Wow- you've gone so adult on me. Work dinners. Business trips. Karrass. I miss you. I can't wait to see you and that little baby you've been carrying around.

Camille said...

Does this count as your "babymoon?" I'm glad you guys had such a good time and your clothes are SO cute!

Kat Clark said...

Sounds like it was a great trip and definitely worth the 100 dollars extra. I love H&M and am so jealous of all the great shopping you were able to do. You look so cute! I love your pregnant body too! Ha ha! I just love how you say it like that. :)

Molly said...

I LOVE H&M! There's one in DC that we always go to. No maternity clothes, though. Meh.

Mollie said...

Yay! It was the best having you guys visit. xoxo

SMT Family said...

I am glad you had such a great time in Las Vegas! And totally jealous that you got to see Mollie & Greg! You are looking absolutely great!