Thursdays are not my favorite for several reasons. I have a class from 8-4 pm and this is a class that is pretty much a waste of time. I am not challenged intellectually nor it is not helping me to become a better nurse in any way. My teacher is awesome and my group makes it much better, but overall, it is waste of 8 hours each week. Also Thursdays are "no husband days" because Troy has two classes; one at 9:30 am and one at 5 pm and he either studies in between them or goes to work and then goes to a church meeting afterwards and usually doesn't come home until 10 pm.
This morning actually started off pretty well. I was in an unusually good mood at at 06:30 and even made banana pancakes for Troy. We decided to just take one car to campus so we joyfully shared the commute from the South Side to campus. I was able to keep busy during class time and enjoyed some social time with my friends. Around four, I was getting very tired and I was not looking forward to waiting for Troy to finish his class at 06:30 pm. I decided to see if I could check in for my flight tomorrow since I was planning on accompanying Troy on his work trip to Vegas. As I checked my itinerary, my heart skipped a beat and this Thursday definitely became one of those days that I should have just stayed in bed.
I had booked a flight from Tucson to Las Vegas for Friday April 10th and planned my return for Sunday April 12th. Yes, one week too late! I am so detail-oriented when it comes to this kind of stuff and I just couldn't believe that I had booked a flight for a completely wrong weekend. Since I am very tired and emotionally more unbalanced than usual, this obviously resulted in some serious emotional distress as I thought of being stuck in Tucson while I should be enjoying few nights in a hotel and no cooking and most importantly, spending time with my husband. Of course buying tickets for the next day is more expensive, so now I am still flying to Vegas but it's costing us 100 bucks more. I feel some kind of business couple who has such a busy schedule that they plan on meeting at some random city to get some alone time. Obviously that is not us; we are more like a hormonal wife who has plenty of free time now and overworked hubby who just tries to take care of his wife.
I should mention the few high lights of the day that made the day so much better. A wonderful chat with my friend Christina (while I was supposed to be productive), her kind offer to take me home so I wouldn't have to wait for Troy to get out of class and a delicious mozzarella, tomato and basil sandwich from Beyond Bread for dinner.
This is a long post, so let me add few pictures for those who will want to skip my sad story:)
I was expecting to be more tired than usual today because I didn't go to bed until midnight due to a birthday celebration for our good friend Paul. Two years ago, we celebrated his birthday by doing a couple's fear factor and here is a picture of Troy and I after the cheeto throwing event. I think we won that one.
8 comments:
That is so unlike you, Eevi! Just blamie everything on pregnancy... I'm glad you spent the extra $100! It will be so fun to see you.
Ahhh! I hate how silly pregnancy brain makes me! It's like I can't think straight, or even complete sentences sometimes! I think that everywhere should have exceptions where mistakes like that don't cost you if you can prove pregnancy! Sorry about the $100, but I hope this weekend will help you to get some rest!
I am glad you were able to arrange to still go on the trip together. Things like that just seem to happen once in a while, but it will be worth the money to spend time away with the love of your life!
Also, you are looking gorgeous! Sometimes the baby kicks seem to be little nudges of love! It is all such a wonderful experience!
woo hoo to the heels in the prego pic!!!
have a good weekend w/troy!
I love the new belly shot! Still looking good and wearing heels - now that takes a real woman!
Urgh! That's the worst! I'm glad that you'll still be able to be with Troy, though. And I really appreciated the picture at Paul's birthday party. That was awesome!
Thursday atleast get better by 8pm right?? I love Thursdays because that's when all my shows come on. sadly, I look forward to my tv life on thurs. nights.
I'm glad things worked out for this weekend. You should have pulled the pregnancy card and told the airline your pregnant and can't think straight. That should be reason enough to switch your flight without the added cost. It's hard work being prego and very exhausting. However, you have a way of making your pregnancy look & sound very exciting!
I just have to say, you're one hot pregnant lady, and I LOVE your shoes!
Post a Comment