Past few days I have worried about a possible infection on his circumcision site. There is a little bit of pus and one of the signs of infection is pus. So I called the pediatrician and talked to the nurse and she made an appointment with one of the pediatricians. I was hoping that it wasn't pus because that would mean that he didn't have an infection; however, I felt slightly silly going in there for nothing. We waited an hour to see the doctor, which in my opinion is ridiculous when you have a one week old child with you. The doctor came in and looked at his penis for 3 seconds and said that everything was fine. However, I didn't feel like she even saw the pus, so I didn't really feel very comforted by the visit. Luckily that night we saw one of the doctors from our ward and had him take a look at him and he confirmed that it was indeed pus. So my nursing assessment skills weren't totally off. Luckily, there hasn't been fewer or any other signs of infection and we have our 2 week appointment on Monday so he should be just fine since we are putting some anti-infective ointment on him. It does seem that wet diapers are painful to him and it breaks my heart to see him cry so much as we do diaper changes. Fortunately, he calms down pretty easily as long as you snuggle him closely. He gets mad so quickly, but calms down quickly as well.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
To Worry or Not to Worry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Let's hope your baby never reads this or he is going to die of embarrassment! Maybe you should print it out and threaten to show it to his friends if he ever breaks curfew...and ya I would be way mad if they made me wait an hour with my newborn!
what an adorable boy you have, Eevi! Just seeing him and reading your experiences is making me more and more excited. I hope he heals well!
I still check to make sure Luke is breathing when he sleeps. It is a paranoia I suppose, but I think I would feel a lot worse if I hadn't checked on him and something did happen. I hope that the infection goes away.
Hi. This is Jen from the Campbell ward (formerly). I found your blog on the side of Camille's blog. I didn't even know you were pregnant. I'm so happy for you. Your little boy is so sweet and tiny. What a lovebug. I have enjoyed perusing your blog. It's very fun to read. I hope you don't mind.
Great pics and I love how concerned you are about every tiny thing! It's adorable and normal and you are so cute. Keep up the good worry, I mean work. ;)
Your little guy is so cute. I can't wait from mine to get here!!
Eevi Congrats on your adorable little boy! I know I'm a little late but as I'm sure you know with a little one and in my case a toddler as well things are a little crazy. I still check on Easton every night before I go to bed and he is two! Maybe I'm weird but I can't fall asleep unless I know he's okay.
Post a Comment