Sunday, September 27, 2009

Few cute pictures and some pondering

This weekend we had a chance to go and visit our friends Phil and Christina. On a quick side note, isn't it interesting how you refer different couple's names; sometimes it's the wife's name first and sometimes the hubby gets the first pick. I wonder if people say Troy and Eevi or Eevi and Troy.

Our boys were born 5 days apart and they "met" each other in July when they were only few weeks old. Their size difference seemed so big to me at the time. At three months, James has really grown and the boys seemed to be about the same size. Saku's head is so round and James' head is long. Saku might weight little more because he is kind of a dense baby where as James had few more thigh rolls. The boys kept talking and talking over each other. Oh, how I wish they could grow up together and be buddies.

It took so many pictures to get both of the boys to smile at the same time.
Does it get any sillier than this?

We were only able to hang out for few hours, and it really made me miss them. I have thought about friendships quite a bit lately. What makes two people become friends? Sometimes I have so much in common with my friends. Sometimes it is because they are fun loving people and bring excitement to my life. Sometimes it's because they are good talkers and I'm a good listener. Sometimes it is because they let me do all the talking. Sometimes there seems to be no good reason and we are still very good friends. Sometimes it's simply because they know how to make me feel good about myself. I don't mean it in a "Eevi you are so pretty and smart-compliments" way, but their presence makes me feel good about myself. There are also people that I would love to be good friends with, but I wonder if we would hit it off, if I would be exciting enough to be their friend or if hanging out would be like a bad first date...

Big hug to my friends. You are much loved and appreciated!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Lucky you to visit with baby James! And lucky Phil & Christina to visit with you guys :).

I'm glad we blogstalked each other. Otherwise we never would have been friends.

It's "Eevi and Troy," by the way.

Eevi said...

Bridget, yes, I am glad that we are friends and sad that you moved away when I joined the mommy club. I hope we will be able to come and visit you guys one day. Of course, we would keep it short enough to not overwhelm you guys;)

The Ensign's said...

Isn't it funny how friendships are like dating all over again. will they want to hang out again? When is to soon to call? Did they like me as much as I like them? How do I go about getting their number so we can hangout?
Sooooo rediculous. I thought I was past the dating non-sense. Now I just get to do it with potential friends.

BTW- it's Trevi for us!