Sunday, September 6, 2009

Seriously Important Thoughts and News

We got a runner#7 for our relay team. Chad Ensign will add little more testosterone and speed to our team.

We got runner#8-Bert Dover. He said he would rather just run all the distance at once rather than run three times. Too bad we can't do that.

I have 20+ burp cloths, yet I find myself catching most of Saku's spit up in my cupped hand.

If you happen to run out of nursing pads and it is Sunday, which means you cannot go and buy new ones, panty liners work. Troy is very embarrassed that this information is being posted.

Friday night is my favorite night. Yes, it was our date night(with Saku). Yes, I got a foot rub. But the best part was that Troy got up during the night with Saku so I was able to sleep few more extra hours. And of course, Troy's appreciation for me increased.

I ran 6 miles on Monday morning. I love to be out running. The runner in-me is coming out of the 10 month hibernation.

I have lost six pounds in the last five weeks. My fat percentage has gone down 1.5%, which is really nice. I have not been good about avoiding sweets, but I have been running really hard. I know this could be taken as bragging or looking for some "way to go" compliments. However, anyone who has tried to lose weight seriously knows how hard it can be, so I feel like I can brag a little bit:)

I have develop as a mother to the point where I can let Saku cry for 5 minutes and he has started to fall asleep within 3 minutes of crying. So wonderful! Tonight it took 1 minute! I could not believe it!!

According to Troy, I look like a chipmunk in this picture. I can't smile nicely for pictures:( However, it shows my new hair cut so I'm posting it.
Saku took his first ride in the seat part of our stroller on Saturday and felt so proud to be a big boy:)

7 comments:

Megan Turnidge said...

Yes, losing weight is very hard, so you DEFINITELY deserve some congratulations! :D That is awesome!!

Kat Clark said...

Great post. I love the part about the panty liners because I have totally been there in the middle of the night. So funny! As for you cranking out six miles already, you are a rockstar!!! Congrats that is seriously so awesome.

Bridget said...

I discovered the panty liner thing, too, long ago. It's great for when you're desperate.

I wish I could be doing the relay with you guys! It sounds like tons of fun.

You look great!

Brittany Cornett said...

way to go. I cant wait till I can do some rigerous exercise again. It is so much better than having to give up all the sweets!

Suzanna said...

You can also just fold up some Kleenex or toilet paper if you run out. Also, if they weren't really dirty I just wore them a second day. Congrats on your accomplishments, especially the adorable baby!

Starla said...

I'm at work and laughed out loud. Love it.

Molly said...

also, if you're desperately trying to get some sleep and don't feel like changing nursing pads all the time, a diaper does well in a pinch. The size ones have to get used somehow, eh?