Monday, November 16, 2009

Your Favorites

Since I gave my home country a small tribute. What are your favorite things about your country? For most of you, it will be about the U.S. I would love to know what are THE things about America that you love and cherish.

2 comments:

Brittany Cornett said...

I dont have anyway to compare the US to another country, I did do part of a Semester in high school to Israel and there were easy benefits to living in the US. Like no hostile neighbors (well except Mexico at times). Also it is unlikely that we would ever have to serve in the military where they do at 21. But there are a lot of things that bother me about the US. Like Sprawl, public transportation, education, and our politics (why is it so hard for us to find other gas resources? because we have lobbyist and people paying big bucks to make sure gas stays around)
There are places in the US I love. Like San Diego, the white Mountains, and the mass amounts of temple we can go to now. If I moved away I would miss the sunsets, hiking the desert to find water to play in, and the weather in November, March and April.

Bridget said...

When abroad, I've always missed

- public libraries. Big time.
- clean streets & public areas.
- no-smoking laws that are actually enforced.
- real American pizza.
- the general order and organization of the government here.

I don't think I would miss some of these things in certain foreign countries, though. For some reason (JEREMY) my experiences have been mostly 3rd-world.