Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I ain't leaving on a jet plane anytime soon

24 + hours of traveling looks like this

Wake up at 6 am (Finland time).

Check-in at 07:00

Depart Helsinki-Vantaa airport at 08:00

Land in London at 09:30 local time (after a 2 hr and 45 flight)

Endure a 6 hour lay over-Saku and I nap for an hour and a half

Wait in line for 45 minute AT THE GATE while every single passenger is patted down and every single piece of carry-on is searched.

Receive compliments for our beautiful son from other passengers

Sit in the airplane for another 45 minutes while other passengers board

Hold a feverish baby boy for 10 hours while he attempts to sleep

Land to Phoenix around 8 pm local time

Somehow stay awake long enough to eat some delicious enchiladas

Sleep from 10 pm to 3 am

Try to get Saku back to sleep from 3 am to 7 am while he sleeps for 30-45 minutes a time.


Traveling with a baby is hard, BUT Saku did such a great job. And you know me, I don't try to make him look like a perfect baby. And spending Christmas with my family was so worth the lack of sleep caused by the time change.

Happy to be home. Saku is sleeping in his own bed and loving it.

Pictures to come soon!:)



3 comments:

Lilianne said...

Oh, Eevi. I was thinking about you the whole time during my travel woes this season! I don't know how you did it!! Glad you made it back in one piece, though. Isn't it great to have him in his own bed again? They just sleep so much better. Let's get together soon! xoxo

The Ensign's said...

YAY!!!! You're home!!! Does Troy have to go back to work tomorrow or friday or do you have the rest of the week to catch up on sleep? Call me if you need me. SERIOUSLY!!!

Heather said...

You are my hero! I have done short flights compared to you and have been ready to tear my hair out by the end. You need to let me in on your secret to being such a happy mom all the time!