Friday, February 5, 2010

Just What I needed...NOT

My niece and I were hanging out today and I was lucky enough to be part of this conversation

McKenna: "you are having another baby".
I can already tell where this is going, but I am hoping that I am wrong, so I ask her "do you think Saku needs a sibling"?

McKenna: "No your belly is way out here, there is another baby in there"

You have to love the brutal honesty of a four year old. I have to defend myself and say that I do not think my belly is "way out", but the sad truth is that my middle is just not the same. The numbers on the scale are actually below my pre-pregnancy weight and my legs are doing well because of all the running I do. But I do need tips of how to get rid of the softness in the waist area? I mean I know all about doing abs, but I would love to hear from people's personal experiences before I start torturing myself with crunches each morning.

And maybe I will give up sweets...tomorrow or the day after tomorrow..or not;)

9 comments:

Bridget said...

Just wait until that four-year-old is your own kid so you get to hear it all the time. :)

Pilates really helped me. It doesn't make the flab go away but it helps you hold it in better. I'm sure you look awesome. :)

Eevi said...

Bridget, pilates is a great idea. I will try it out and hopefully, it will work it magic on me as well:)

SMT Family said...

Oh my, I would have wanted to cry! I am sure you look great. I am so impressed that you are below pregnancy weight--that will likely never be the case for me.

I love pilates and think it works great for abs, but I haven't done it so regularly post baby. My "regular" workout now is the Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred." It is a killer, but it incorporates abs and is only 20minutes which is great. I can 't say I am living proof, but it makes me feel like I look better.

Don't give up sweets, you'll make us all feel bad! I enjoy my rocky road ice cream every night and don't plan to change any day soon. I have to have a guilty pleasure.

Brittany Cornett said...

I think planks are really good work and they help your core. It took me two years after my first to think that my stomach was no longer looking like what I like to refer as my "frontal butt".

The Ensign's said...

Ha I was gonna say the same thing as Bridget. Shay use to tell me I looked like I still had a baby in my belly all the time. I guess it was good motivation. Since I know from her it's honesty without her trying to be rude or hurt my feelings. She just didn't know that you don't say that kind of stuff.

Amanda said...

Every time I see my niece she asks me if I am having another baby. And even eight months after Charlotte was born people at the stores were commenting. (For the record, I didn't get pregnant again until she was 9 months old - which means I have probably looked pregnant for the last 2 1/2 years straight. Awesome!) Let me know if you figure out the tummy issue because I need help too.

The Kelseys said...

I think this happens to everyone. After I had Easton I brought him in to show everyone at my school in DC and some of my students asked if I was having another baby. I admit I had tears in my eyes. If you continue to run/workout after a long while it goes away (basically just before you decide to get pregnant again-at least that was how it was for me) vicious cycle I tell you.

lindsey said...

You can't give up sweets. You just can't! Life is just not worth living without sugar! :)

Katie Blacker said...

Eevi- Thanks for your comment! It is nice to hear from you and see your blog. I don't have any advice on how to get rid of the prego gut - since I haven't had the pleasure yet. I never understand how celebrities do it - surgery i guess? I wouldn't recommend that route tho.

Fun to hear from you.