Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ten Months-Tons of teeth, love and giggles

Our little boy is 10 and half months old. He has become such a little person. Few of his friends have already turned one and it just blows my mind that a year ago, there were bunch of women with big bellies(and some with small bellies) waiting for their babies to be born and now we get together and the babies are crawling and walking around.

Saku loves being outside. We took to the local park that has an infant swing and he got a kick out of it. Though he did enjoy playing with the dirt more. Saku loves putting things in his mouth and then spitting out onto your hand when you ask him to do it. He likes to help in the backyard when we pull weeds. He has his own little shovel that he pokes the ground with.


He is consistently sleeping through the night and usually takes good naps. Some mornings he wakes up and plays in the crib for a while before he lets us know that he is ready to hang out with us. This morning was a sad sight as I walked into his room and smelled the vomit before I even turned on the lights. Poor kid had thrown up all over the crib and then slept in it. Yes, I felt like a terrible mother as I scrubbed dried vomit off his face.

He has learned to shake his head when we say "no". He likes to sing when we sing. Still no real words, but we aren't expecting much since he is learning two languages and bilingual kids tend to start talking later. However, I am looking forward to the day when he says "mama".

We tend to see temper tantrums when we say "no" and during diaper changes.

Saku has figured out how to bite. He likes to give big open mouth kisses and today, he seemed to "confuse" kisses and biting and I got few bites on my face. He has six teeth: four on the top and two on the bottom.

He has been exposed to Baby Einstein lately as I have needed time to shower without him in the shower with me. Thanks to YouTube, we can watch Baby Einstein without buying the DVDs.

He is mostly getting bottles nowadays. Every once in a while, I nurse him, but it really is more for a cuddle time than for nutrition. I thought I would be sad when nursing would be over, but I think both of us were ready to move on.



Last week, Camille gave me a sweet present(though she probably didn't think of this way). She emailed me pictures of Saku while he was hanging out with Haley and Trevor. I never worried about Saku while he was with Camille, but these happy pictures of my little man made me happy. No matter what, I always feel little guilty when I am not there with Saku 24/7, so it was such a blessing to see how much he seems to enjoy the company of his friends.



Saku, you make life busier than ever before, but we can't get enough of you. You are such a social, silly baby with a curious personality. You love to give strangers big smiles and they adore your big blue eyes.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

That first picture is the BEST picture I've ever seen! Love it!

Unknown said...

Saku is getting so big!... and so active! I think Saku and Trent have very similar personalities... I wish we lived close so they could be best buddies. You are doing an awesome job of being a mom. He is a lucky boy!

☂niki. said...

darling little one! they grow up so quickly.

i had to come check out your blog bc i saw your comment on karla's blog and noticed your name was eevi...which is my baby girl's name, except we spell it evie, it's short for evelyn.

Dan and Katie said...

A few of those pictures make Dan and I laugh out loud. We keep coming back just too look at them. Saku is turning in to a little boy. I agree we do need to get together some time. Dan says "tell Troy I'm done ditching him" :)