Last Saturday we decided to go and enjoy little outdoor adventure. We headed to the Bear Canyon to hike the Seven Falls. Troy and I did this hike last June five days before Saku was born. I really wanted to get the labor started so we hiked the 7 miles. Obviously, now I am THAT much smarter and I would never want to be in the woods and hiking with the terrible back labor that I experienced.
I embraced my pregnant body while pregnant, but I have to confess that I am not looking forward to being this big or most likely, even bigger with the next pregnancy. Also i have no idea how I was able to do this hike while carrying that big belly with me. It was exhausting enough this time when I am 30+ pounds lighter. Did anyone else feel this way after their first pregnancy/before possible second one?
Anna and I excited to start the hike. She is such a beauty! There will be another entry just for the account of what an amazing helper, sister and friend she has been to me while here(and really always).
Saku loved being up so high and seeing so much. I don't think he stopped pointing at things for the first few hours of the hike.

Thanks to Lars and Amy, Saku had the most convenient way of traveling. Fellow hikers kept commenting "that's the way to do this hike". Troy was exhausted after the hike. While Saku is a light weight for his age, he is still close to 20 pounds.
Our hike took a lot longer since we took breaks to play in the water and dirt.When we finally got to the water falls, we enjoyed some sandwiches and more playing in the water.
In the background, you can see the falls and the water that has gathered underneath the falls. It seemed like an oasis after few hours of hiking.

On the way back, Saku fell asleep. I was paranoid that this fair skinned dude would get a major sunburn, but he didn't.

Multiple pictures since we thought it was so adorable.
After we were done, we were hot, dirty and thirsty so we headed to Eegee's and enjoyed a lazy late afternoon and evening.
4 comments:
that looks like so much fun!!! Next time you guys go give us a call! And yes I feel like such a slacker, not being able to move as fast or do as much as I use to do before Devon. Plus growing a baby now has totally wiped me out! But I still want to hang with you guys!
that looks like fun. I always gain 60 lbs on each pregnancy. but I am now back to prepregnancy weight and even smaller. I love it. I love it so much that I will probably put off having another for a while. right now I am enjoying being lighter. lizzy used to fall asleep in the hiking back pack like that. it always made me feel a bit lopsided when walking. Saku and daddy look so cute together.
Wow, that is a pretty sad "waterfall" but I do see how it could seem like an oasis for you guys. :) Haha! Oh the joys of living in the desert!
I think those sleeping pics are absolutely adorable! Are you referring to Troy as Lars? I'm confused?
You and your sister are both so pretty and so SKINNY! I can't believe you did this hike 5 days before Saku came. That is so rad!
I was amazed last year when I saw the pictures of the hike, and couldn't believe how strong you were! I'm also kind of dreading the next pregnancy weight gain as much as I'm looking forward to having another baby. It's a lot to think about!
Post a Comment