Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fabulous News Times Two

Things have been little rough around here for the past month or so. Emotionally and physically I have just felt so burned out. Ironically, many people have asked me if I was planning on doing the ragnar relay this year. The answer for that is no. I am "scheduled" for a solo race on January 28, 2011. So far the training has included losing about 3 pounds, being nauseous and weak, eating junk food when I can think of food, trying to survive 36 hour work week, crying, praying, more crying and praying, and lots of sweet encouragement from Troy and family.

We are thrilled for this new baby. Troy admits that he doesn't think about it much and I probably wouldn't think of it as much if I didn't have a constant reminder of nausea and utter exhaustion accompanying me. Fortunately, Dr. Farias prescribed some anti-nausea medication for me, so hopefully that will help. She really is the most fabulous doctor in the world. It will be little hectic to have two kids only 20 months apart, but I think they will be great friends. Now there is the question of "do you want another boy or a girl?". For financial reasons and Saku, I think boy would be so fun; however, I do wish to have one girl and if this baby would be a girl, then I would have my one girl:)

Our little addition at 9 weeks and 4 days.

Due to the fact that I have been feeling like I am dying a slow death(OK, little dramatic, but not far from the truth), I talked with my manager and I get to start working part-time. This feels just as amazing of a blessing as the new baby. I would drive to work and feel like I had no energy to do anything, let alone take care of five patients and ensure that they would be safe and sound under my care. I would cry as I would drive to work; not because I don't like my job, but I just didn't know how I would make it through the night and do it three nights in a row.
So I will be working two nights a week or 24 hours. It feels like such a heavy load has been lifted off my shoulders.

I wanted to share the news with everyone since we are very excited and also to explain why we have been keeping a low profile when it comes to social things. I didn't have enough energy to do a birthday party for Saku and most days, I am lucky to have enough energy to shower and take care of Saku. Fortunately, this should only last few more weeks and then second trimester should give us some relief.

27 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

You can do it! my kids are 19 months apart and its not as bad as i thought it would be. Congrats! That is wonderful. Hope you get to feeling better soon!!!

Christi Pobst said...

Congrats! So Exciting! You will do great!

Kat Clark said...

Yeehaw!!!! How exciting! I am so happy for you guys. Congratulations! I hope your sicky sickness gets done soon. Let me know if you need anything!

Bridget said...

Congratulations! How exciting and you are so brave. I know you can do it if anyone can!

Mike and Steph said...

Yayyyyy! What great news! Congrats to both of you!

hanne said...

ma nain just toissayona unta ett multa kysyttiin onko teille tulossa vauva ja sanoin ett ei, mutta sitten muistin ett sullahan on ihan just syntymassa toinen vauva...wau! talking about dream come true! todella paljon onnea!

Maiju said...

paljon paljon onnea ja voimia pahoinvointiin.. muistan sen aivan liian hyvin (ok, mä jouduin kärsiin siitä sen 26 viikkoa..) toivottavasti helpottaa jossain vaiheessa mutta ainakin sitten viimestään tammikuussa. muista pitää itsestäs huolta - sulla on nyt taas tehtävänä tärkeämpiä asioita kun työ tai siivoominen ja ruoanlaitto!

H.Cook said...

Congrats Eevi and Troy! I know, I think the first few months are worse than labor and delivery! I am glad you can work part time so your body can get a little more rest. Good luck!

Suzanna said...

Congratulations! It will be a very crazy I'm sure. I'm about to find out in less than six weeks, but it'll be worth it.

Janny said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you guys!

Megan said...

Congrats! How exciting! You are amazing for doing it all! Seriously! I hope the second trimester brings all of your energy back!

Chris, Jessica, Mackenzie, & Alison said...

You will do great!!! our next on is going to be 17 months apart but somehow it works....the Lord wouldn't bless you with this unless he knew that you could do it...and you will..wonderfully! Congrats!

Camille said...

I haven't looked at blogs in a while but I'm so glad I checked today! Congratulations! I'm so glad you're getting so many blessings for your family. And I'll admit, I can't wait to see what baby #2's name will be. :)

radean said...

Congrats..the answer to your boy or girl question is to have TWINS, one of each:}

shiloh said...

Hi Eevi, How funny that during the newborn phase with our boys, I felt a lot of connection to your experiences. Now we are in the same boat all over again. :) At 15 weeks, my nausea is starting to subside and taking care of a little guy has gotten to be more enjoyable again. I hope you feel better soon.

Brittany Cornett said...

Congrats Eevi. Baby number 2 is just as fun as baby 1! Glad you got to go part time I know how hard working and being a mom can be.

Christina LeSueur said...

I am SO HAPPY that you get to go part time. What a relief! I've thought of you often. Only a few more weeks. Can I come up to Tucson and help you out for an afternoon next week? Email me and let me know!

Christi said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and Troy! Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope you feel better soon!

Nathan, Bethany, Noah, and Porter said...

Congratulations guys! That's so fantastic.

Dan and Katie said...

Congrats!!! We miss you guys.

Natalie said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you! Welcome to the pregnant-with-baby-number-two club :) Hope you get feeling better soon!

Tia said...

Congratulations!! So exciting.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Jesse and Camry said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted about baby #2... I'm terrible at keeping secrets! The burden is lifted! Congratulations, and let me know if you need me to take Saku for a bit, so you can get some extra rest time.

Ashley said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Oh man that is so awesome! Congratulations--you are such a super mom. Hopefully we get to have a little party for you when you feel up to it. And don't worry, the sickies at UMC will be fine even if you are a little nauseous, tired, and cranky. Hey, so are they!