So I have been doing coupons for months now. Sometimes I get so many good deals and sometimes I wonder if it's even worth the hassle. Trying to entertain Saku while shopping and making sure all my coupons are in order can quite the work out as you can imagine.
On Monday there was a sweet deal for Powerade so Troy decided to go and take care of it. He came home with 90 bottles of powerade and paid $7.24, which equal 8 cents a bottle. He was rather proud of himself!! So we'll be well hydrated this summer. He got the zero calorie ones since I don't believe in drinking my calories:)
How many other people do coupons? Also I am interested to know what is your monthly budget for groceries and household stuff? I budget 200 bucks for all food, diapers, household and hygiene products. Last two months, I went over a little since we had people staying with us and I wanted to pamper them a little:) I would really like to know, so if you feel it's too personal, you can always leave a comment anonymously.
P.S This is not a call for more comments because I don't want to be lame, but it seems like I have just become so boring since no comments seem to be coming my way no matter what I blog about...maybe people are busy with summer...maybe I need to think of something exciting to blog or announce...maybe people use google reader(like I do) and don't take the time to go to the actual blog...It does really sound like I am fishing for comments..I promise I'm not, but I would want to know about your budgets so maybe comment just this once:)
12 comments:
How fun! A fellow couponer! ;) I started clipping coupons near the end of March. I also budget $200/month for all groceries, toiletries, household cleaners, etc. I actually think it's really fun! This week is especially crazy at Safeway! :D I love that I've cut my budget in half and I'm getting WAY more stuff than I ever did before!
Oh, and I don't know if you have taken advantage of Safeway's Buy 8, Save $4 promo yet, but here was my score: http://www.designsbymeganturnidge.com/blog/?p=819
I'm off to Safeway again tonight to grab more free stuff! ;)
And another comment... hahaha! My cupboards are officially so full because of all my coupon deals that we will be converting our spare room (which is just storage right now) into my stockpile/pantry room. hehe
I need someone to teach me. I haven't found anything that's worth the coupon. Do you know what I mean? Like $1 off the name brand item is still not cheaper than buying generic....
I'm so jealous of your powerades. Sometimes I pay $1 for ONE bottle. What can I say- I love powerade.
I enjoy getting budget ideas from other people. Back in Ithaca we were seemed to be known as one of the "frugal" couples but since we have been with family it is hard to say what we would spend now since it is all mixed.
I am impressed with your $200 limit. We were at that with just the two of us, no idea what it would be with Savannah and diapers now. Moving also makes it interesting when taking into consideration the cost of living differences.
I don't use coupons, but I have thought about it. It seems like such a hassle and sometimes I wonder if I would just end up buying stuff I wouldn't normally eat or use. How has it been for you? For example, I don't really like Powerade, but Skyler might enjoy having some around, so do you find it is worth it? It seems like the regular sale items wouldn't generally be on my grocery list. I love shopping smart!
What are your sources for deals?
I also use Google Reader; I will try to be better about comments. I always enjoy the validation when people comment on the blog.
Starla, you just have to find a good site that tells you how to match the coupons with the deals, that's how you really save.
Eevi- what sites are you using to find your good deals? I try to budget around $200 as well, but sometimes I go over knowing that I will receive a mail in rebate check later for some things, and it's more like a goal than a strict budget - since I only buy the best of the best for Kyler - I don't mind eating knock offs and almost spoiled food but I wouldn't feed that to my kid, ya know?
I've been trying to start couponing, but haven't had any luck. I see all of Megan's great deals on stuff that I usually wouldn't buy in the first place. Hopefully when we are more settled I can start getting more into it. Food prices are definitely higher in New England, so hopefully I can findy coupon rhythm soon!
Oh, and I'm another google reader, and usually on my iPod.
Wow! Our budget has been a lot higher for grocery, baby, household, etc... I started the coupon thing and was doing well, but then I got out of the rhythm. If I plan meals and really take inventory of what we have and what we need then I find coupons helpful. I really need to get organized. Thanks for the inspiration1
I love your posts, Eevi. They are not boring at all. I'm terrible about commenting, though. But I do read your blog and I love it!
I am the most terrible budgeter on the face of the planet. We spend at least $350 a month for everything food/hygiene care and such. I'm so impressed with your $200! I think what bugs me so much about couponing is that it's so much processed food. I like to buy a lot of fruits and vegetables, so I think that is why I've been turned off by cutting coupons. I guess I could be better about stuff like condiments and cereals. Hmmm... Anyway, I'm jealous of your powerade - and I totally agree. Why drink your calories?!?? So, so true.
That was from me, not Jason! Although, I think he also likes your blog! :)
I'll bite. In Ithaca (more expensive than Tucson for sure, and things there NEVER go on sale) I spent around $100/week on groceries, etc. I absolutely do not use coupons. They are not worth the time and hassle for me and like Lili said, I only ever see coupons for stuff I don't buy anyway. Seriously. Just my point of view. I am glad for you and your powerade (and that's one buy I could have gone for, actually).
Hope you guys have had Powerade Zero before, you might be suffering through 90 bottles instead of enjoying them. I don't like it, but maybe I'm picky.
Post a Comment