Troy is the "stay at home dad" for few hours a week as I sleep for 2-3 hours after a work night. This arrangement has been good for few reasons. First of all, Troy has such a respect for us, moms who take care of their kids all day long. After few hours of being the only parent awake, he is happy to have me wake up and share the parenting role. However, the more important change is the relationship between Troy and Saku. Yes, I realize that Saku is only 15 months, but they already have such a strong friendship. Sometimes Saku still prefers to come to me and Troy has jokingly (very much jokingly) said "I guess you are home too much because he prefers you over me again", but overall, Saku and Troy are the best of friends. They wrestle and run and make so much noise that you would think that we have five boys in the house. Hmmm, what if this one is a boy as well?? Our neighbors might start complaining:)
And this is why boys need dads!
While I am relaxed about many things nowadays, I don't think I would let him drink the mud water while taking a picture of it.
Saku wasn't too happy about the taste either.
Nothing like a muddy, wet boy to lighten up our day.
2 comments:
Saku sounds a lot like Luke and I think taking pictures of little boys doing disgusting things is one of those traits most dads have. Boys are so much fun!
Yummy! Troy is such a good dad, Saku is one very lucky boy!
Post a Comment