I have not been in the mood for blogging lately, but I better catch up before too much time goes by. We survived, I mean enjoyed, this year's General Conference. It is not quite the same when you have a 15 month old running around. Brian and Alia came over on Sunday and we ended up using Baby Einstein as a baby sitter for Saku and Cameron during the second session.
On Saturday night, we went out to Downtown Tucson to enjoy a cultural festival called "Tucson Meet Yourself". This was our third year, but first year that some friends were able to come with us. We enjoyed some eggrolls, swedish meatballs and Indian fry bread with honey and powdered sugar. So delicious!
We found a grass area next to a band playing some music so Saku was able to dance. He gets to excited about music and thinks he is pretty cool when he dances.
We are awesome parents and have introduced soda to him. He LOVES dr. Pepper, but enjoys coke as well. We cooked some Cafe Rio Pork on Sunday so we had a little treat of Coke as a left over.
Saku loves drawing, but he still tends to want to eat the crayons, which makes drawing little bit of a battle. Too often we have to be "all done" after he decides to chew on the crayon instead of drawing with it.
Every day with Saku is an adventure. He still doesn't say any words, but we have learned more animals sounds. We can mimic a cow, a chicken and a fish. He loves to say "wow" when something cool happens and "yay".Few nights a week, he seems to have a difficult time going to sleep. So Troy or I go and sing to him while rubbing his back. If he is not a sleep and we stop singing, he sits up and makes the "more" sign because he likes to singing so much.
Friday night, Troy was singing to Saku while he was drinking milk from his sippy cup. No more bottle for the little man:) He stopped drinking and turned around and planted a huge open mouth kiss on Troy. Saku is more than happy to give kisses, but this was the first time, he just gave one without being asked. You can bet that his dad was beyond happy.
Saku is such a restless sleeper that we can not have him in our bed because he kicks and tosses around all night. However, on Friday night while mom was at work, he woke up at midnight and ended up sleeping next to Troy all night long.
For the longest time, Saku was a mommy's boy and I kept telling Troy that there will come a day when daddy will be the coolest thing in the world. I think we are there now.
While we love him, not every day is all fun and games. We have started to do time out since Saku has a tendency to want to throw things. I honestly don't think he means to be hurt anyone, but it is not a habit we want to encourage. Yesterday he hit another kid with a toy, so we had to do a time out during Sunday school. Any tips on how to tame a wild boy??? A friend of mine was worried about her daughter pinching other kids and make a comment that it made her feel like a bad mom. I assured her that I would never think that it was her parenting; however, now that Saku has started being rough with other kids every now and then, I start to wonder if people will think I can't discipline my child. I know it's not rational since I can't control my child every second.I am way due for a real belly update for baby girl. We call her "Eavan" as a nickname for now. It is a Celtic name that Troy found few weeks ago.
5 comments:
There doesn't seem to be too much you can do to tame wild boys. Reading your post was just like reliving Luke at Saku's age and honestly, he still does a lot of the same things (throwing toys now and then). I think all that you can do is to be consistent. Don't laugh at bad behavior one moment and then discipline him for it the next. While that can be hard to do sometimes being consistent can really pay off over time. Enjoy your wild boy! They sure can be tons of fun!
I love the picture of Saku on the slide - pure honest happiness right there! Kyler is pretty chill, and so far hasn't been "mean" to any kids, but I think Saku spends alot more time with other kids so he picks up on other people's behavior. I think at this age you just need to show Saku things that are ok to throw, like a ball, and really encourage him when he plays the right way. When Kyler bit me for the first time I told him very firmly that you don't bite people, then gave him something else to bite on, since they are going to have the urge to try it again. It seems to work for him, but every kid is so different!
Hey stranger, thanks for the update. I need to blog...not the first time I've said that. LOL. Anyways, that little boy is certainly not a baby anymore, it's even crazy for me to see, and I'm not the mom. I can only imagine how surreal it is for you. I wanted to mention, Dave and I were at Downtown Saturday night also, small world. Wish we would've known, I would love to have seen you. Anyways, miss you. I still haven't been back to work yet, Wednesday night is my first night...yeah!
love all those pictures! i am nervous for this disciplining thing too. cristy and i were just talking about how its so easy to see another parent handle their child and think "i wouldnt do it THAT way". But its really hard when it comes to your own child to use good effective discipline. go ahead and figure it out so you can tell me what to do!
Saku's ham and cheese picture= spitting image of your father eevi..crazy!!
Post a Comment