Today was such a good day. So ordinary and so good. Saku had a rough night last night so we brought him to our bed. I have no idea how such a little body can move so much and take up so much room. Troy went to work little later than usual, which meant that momma got sleep in until almost 8 am. I actually woke up with a smile on my face even though the night had been rather restless for all of us.
Saku and I made banana pancakes for breakfast and went on our usual walk to the park. Since it was much cooler today, I even dressed up for today and received compliments from Troy. I know some of you super moms look like fashion models every day, but I am not one of them, so little fashion made me happy today. While Saku napped, I talked to Anna and enjoyed an episode of "House".
We took Troy to school as we do each day and shopped at Sunflower Market while he was in class. I love to get a treat there when we shop. They have delicious muffins and candy bins, but my self control was solid and we only bought produce.
The afternoon was filled with playing, a 1.5 mile run and another stop at the park. I vacuumed the whole house and folded laundry. Saku and I took a shower together and cooked dinner.
Troy and I finished watching "Robin Hood", which we had started last night. It doesn't get much better than snuggling with your hottie hubby while he rubs your round belly while baby girl is rocking it.
So ordinary, yet my heart is so happy right now.
This is my big boy who is eating a ham and cheese sandwich.

He is 90% angel and 10% little monster. Though some days it seems that those numbers flip:)
Also good news about my job--but I will wait until things are finalized to post anything! I am so blessed.
4 comments:
I love days like that! It's nice when little things make you so happy. Nice job having self-control at Sunflower Market, that's tough!
Every mom needs an ordinary day to leave her feeling extraordinary. To bad it only seems to happen right as you think you are too burnt out to go on... and then magic happens! Love those days!
As far as success goes… you never cease to amaze me with all that you do in addition to being a mom.
I consider myself successful if I can get laundry done OR get vacuuming done (and that typically means only 2 rooms...I don't count the whole house). That was truly one successful day! Can't wait to hear your job news.
Wish I lived closer so we could go on a run together. That would make it so much more bearable.
Post a Comment