This baby girl's pregnancy obviously has not been documented as well as Saku's was. I am 27 weeks and 6 days along. The baby girl never, ever stops moving. Each night as we sleep and Troy cuddles me, he is amazed at all the rocking and rolling that's going on in my belly. He keeps asking me how I am able to sleep at all.
There are few things that seem different this time around.
I could eat sweets all day long. I crave donuts, candy, cookies and the list goes on. It is really hard for me to stay away from them and all the Holiday sweets don't make it any easier.
I am still running few times a week. Last Saturday I actually ran almost 3 miles. I didn't have my watch with me so I'm not sure how fast I was going, but I think it was around 10:30-11 minute/mile.
With my first pregnancy, I got so excited about each doctor's appointment because it meant that I was that much closer to my due date. This time around, I wish there weren't so many.
I am obviously more tired since I work nights and have a toddler at home. There have been few nights when I have started to feel dizzy and really weak around 5 am. I guess I am prepared for the sleep deprivation that comes with a newborn.
Baby girl at almost 28 weeks

I think my belly is about the same size with this pregnancy as it was with Saku. During my first pregnancy, I got lots of comments about how big my belly was and until this week, people kept saying how tiny I was. However, on Monday night my co-workers said that my belly really had popped out since last week. Most of my patients love talking about the baby and how I'm doing. A 81 year old, sweet little man requested that I sent him a birth announcement.
I have to say, this week I am feeling fat. Until now, I have felt really good about my weight gain and how I look, but this week has been little bit of an emotional struggle. I am also tired of maternity clothes. I am too cheap to buy a huge selection, so I recycle through the same shirts week after week. While I can't wait to deliver the baby and have my body back, I am not looking forward to that stage where you are just floppy and jiggle rather than pregnant or skinny.
I have a small collection of baby girl clothes and I am so excited about her arrival. I feel like I need to start preparing for the birth again. I am excited and nervous at the same time about how things will play out this time around. I am praying and wishing that I won't have back labor again.
I cannot think of any girl names that seem right for her. So this baby might not have a name for a while and we are keeping it to ourselves like we did with Saku, which isn't hard when you don't have one.
6 comments:
I think you look adorable! I can't imagine running while pregnant. I would have peed all over myself, haha!
You look awesome! I totally understand the feeling fat thing. For me, I think it just totally depends upon what clothes I have available for that day and how they look. It is amazing at how it can change on a day to day basis. And yes, right after birth is by far the worst stage ever! I have truly never felt so fat in my entire life. At least you have a cute baby to excuse your looks...even though it doesn't help that much. :)
I don't know why, but 28 weeks just sounds so far along. Only 12 to go! You are almost in single digits!
Ahh, what a cute belly. I don't know about you, but I think just after having the baby (even though loose and jiggly) was the sexiest I've ever felt! No joke. For one, I could see my toes again, for two all the swelling went away instantly, and for 3, I wasn't lugging around a baby in my belly anymore. But hey, I feel fat too. And the sweets thing must be with girls, because when I was preggo with Lyla donuts was on my menu everyday!
I don't care what the scale says. You look great!!!
you look great!! I don't know how you resist cravings- im defn not preggers and crave donuts etc daily. haha. i have no excuse. love that i can swing by and read this and feel closer to you:) miss you.
Floppy and jiggle rather than pregnant or skinny. LOVE IT! Hahaha! You look adorable to me. xoxo
Post a Comment