Friday, January 28, 2011

The Skinny of the Birth Story


Our baby girl's arrival was little more eventful than we had expected, but for now, here are the important details and a quick timeline of the labor

20:20- I had my first serious contraction
20:30-Troy came home from the store
20:50- contractions started to come every 5 minutes
21:10-I jumped into the shower
22:00 Head over to Camille's to drop of Saku
22:30 Arrive at the hospital
22:38-got to triage, water breaks and baby's head crowning
22:42- arrive in the labor room and admitted to the hospital computer as a patient
22:46-baby girl arrives

She was 8 lbs 1.4 oz and 20.5 inches.





It was crazy intense experience. Once Saku recovers from his high fevers and cough, I will give the detailed story for those who care.

No, we didn't plan on making it such a crazy event, but things turned out well. While it was a quick labor, it wasn't an easy labor. Especially since I didn't know that it was going to be so fast, the intensity completely overwhelmed me.

We are both doing really well and happy to be home.




12 comments:

Bridget said...

Woohoo, she's here! I can't wait to hear the details! You look so happy and the baby looks so cute!

Christina LeSueur said...

I've been checking several times a day when you were going to post something. Can't wait to hear the details. I hope Saku gets feeling better! Darn it!
Congrats!

Christi said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. Good job Eevi-it sounds intense!

Maiju said...

ooooohhh... She's here... Amazing!!!! And so so cute.. While I want to hear your birth story, remember to enjoy her.. Time goes by so fast!!! Those first days and weeks are so precious and you'll never get them back! congrats to all of you... Now a family of four!

anitamombanita said...

Wow! Exciting! Crazy! But wonderful! Hope Saku feels better really soon. Congrats again. Well done!
xo
anita

Lilianne said...

Holy crappity, Eevi!! I'm so glad you made it to the hospital. I still can't believe it happened in a blink of an eye! Talk about an intense few minutes!!

She's beautiful, you're a rock star and I'm glad both mom and baby are doing well. I'm also saddened to hear that Saku is sick. Bummer.

I was talking to Dr. Farias the morning after you gave birth...and we both commented on how we couldn't believe how fast she came! She really wanted to be there and when the nurse called her to say that you were there, she told her she was on her way and the nurse told her, "You're too late!" Looks like she was ready to make her entrance!

Love you guys!

radean said...

Congrats...If your planning a natural birth that is way to do it!
Can't wait to see her. Take care.

Ashley said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I cannot wait to hear the whole story! Your timeline alone is incredible!

Megan said...

Wow! So fast! I hope your tailbone didn't break like mine did with such a fast labor!

She is soooo adorable! Matthias said "awww...she looks just like Saku!"

I hope you're able to enjoy the recovery time with your precious little girl, and hopefully Saku gets well soon!

EmmySue said...

I told David your crazy story... and we both said... ONE additional red light and it would have been a way different story! So happy all ended well and you didn't have that red light! :) Congrats! She is beautiful.

Becky and Tyler said...

She does look a whole lot like Saku! Adorable!!! And I really like how you jumped in the shower before going to the hospital! Congrats!!!

Lindsay Gunnell said...

Geesh! Eevi!!! Oh my gosh, that is crazy...so did the nursing staff deliver you or did Troy have to catch? Now I'm dying for the whole story. I can't believe that, your body must have been in shock afterwards. You never cease to amaze me. Congratulations. She is absolutely perfect.